Chapter 16

"Lisa-ah ..." he said. "Naneun dangsineul geuriwohaessda (i missed you)."

He ... missed ... me?

I pulled away and I saw his face, he was crying.

"Neo ... nal geuriwo (you ... missed me)?" I said.

"Ye (yes) ..." he said. "Manhi (a lot)"

"Why don't you hate me?" I said.

"Why would I hate you?" he said.

"Naneun neoui maeumeul apeudehaessda (i broke your heart)" I said crying because I felt guilty. "Naega neoreul tteonasseo (i left you)."

"Yeah, you left me." he said. "But, now you're here."

"Hajiman (but) ..." I said. "Urineun hamkke hal su eobsda (we can't be together)."

"Why not?" he said. "Lisa, I've waited you, I've waited for this moment to come."

"Jungkook-ssi, you know it's impossible to be together." I said.

"Why?" he said. "Because of your engagement?"

I couldn't say anything.

"It is." he said. "I can't believe it."

I looked at him, trying to say a word but I couldn't.

"Naneun neowa sarange ppajineun silsulago saenggakhae (I guess it was a mistake falling in love with you)." he said. Those words, hit me so hard.

"Yes, it was for the engagement." I said. "Hajiman neol saranghae (but i loved you)."

"Neo na saranghani (you loved me)?" he said with sarcastic eyes.

"Geurae, naega haesseo (yes i did)" I said and my face was all red and wet from tears.

"Geureohdamyeon wae nareul tteonasyeossseubnikka (if so, why did you leave me?" he said, crying too.

"Neoreul tteonasseo (i left you) ..." I said. "... naneun nega sangcheo badgireul wonhaji anhassgi ttaemune (because i didn't want you to get hurt)"

"Neo naega sancheo badgireul wonhaji anhassni (you didn't want me to get hurt)?" he said and I nodded.

"Joesonghabnida (sorry to tell you this) ..." he said. "... hajiman dangsineun silpaehaessseubnida (but you failed)."

"Jungkook-ssi, it's not like that." I said, still tearing up. "It's not like that ..."

"Then what is it?" he said. "Lisa, na neoreul wonhae, dorawa (i need you, please come back)."

"Mian haeyo (i'm sorry), Jungkook-ssi." I said and I walked away.

"Lisa, jebal (please) ..." he said and back-hugged me. I grabbed his arms to let me go.

I walked away crying.

JUNGKOOK's POV

"Lisa, jebal (please) ..." I said and back-hugged her. She grabbed my arms to let her go.