ONE

Okay, Before I start the story.... lemme just clarify just one tiny detail....

Lee Chaerin is NOT again, I repeat, NOT CL from 2ne1. It just happened that my korean name is Chae rin, and lee is what I've chosen as my surname because of a long story about an ex.. yada yada yada.. The truth is, I'm a big fan of Big Bang and Ms. Sandara-ssi from 2ne1. I'm filipina and since before I've always liked her. I just recently knew that Ms. CL from 2ne1 has the same name with my main protagonist... ughhh... (yes, I live under a rock. Thank you.) BUT, the thing is, I have no intention of changing the main protagonist's name because.......... That's also my name. sooooo, just get used to it.. PLEASE?

--------------------------------------------------soooo, on to the story...---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anneonghaseyo! Nae irumun Lee Chaerin imnida. ( Good day! My name is Lee Chaerin) I’m 15. I’m a student from Incheon and I would like to have the chance to be a trainee here in  YG Entertainment”

I was so nervous when I applied for internship at one of the biggest entertainment agency in South Korea. When I heard about their walk-in auditions here in Seoul, I automatically set that as my goal in life. I’m good at singing, I’m good at dancing, and I think I’m qualified as one of their trainees.

That day, I slipped out of the house at dawn, careful not to make a noise because Teddy, our fluffy Samoyed puppy will surely wake up the house.

My parents and my brother Junki live in a medium sized house, with a large backyard. My father is a professor in the University of Incheon teaching English for international students. My mom is a simple cook and she manages a small family ramen restaurant a few blocks away from dad’s university. My brother Junki is 13, and in his 7th grade. He’s young, but he’s very smart. He’s top of his class and we’re very close. He even knows that I’ll be going to Seoul for the auditions.

Okay, back to slipping out of the house…

I’m wearing my uniform just in case my mom or dad caught me. My clothes for the audition were neatly folded inside my backpack. After a safe distance out of the house, I boarded the bus for the train. On the station, I bought the commuter ticket at the counter for 3’800 won ($2.63) and boarded the first train to seoul.

Ugh. 1 hour and 30 minutes of doing nothing. Yippie. *note the sarcasm.*

I went to the washroom to change out of my uniform. Once inside the washroom, I opened my bag and changed out of my uniform to a simple white v-necked shirt and black pants. I slipped on my favorite white sneakers, and got the green dinosaur jacket Junki gave me. It was my lucky jacket so I decided to wear it for the auditions.

After that, I got out of the washroom and got a good look at the people riding the train carriage with me. Off to my far right was a student couple, holding hands with closed eyes. How cute. I looked to my left and I saw businessmen in black suits, three have their noses in front of newspapers, some were just sleeping, some were staring into space. Lol. There were women in classy black and white ensembles that screamed “professional” and I looked at their shoes…. I must say that I don’t know how they walk around with those killer heels. I can’t imagine my feet inside those ankle spraining instruments, but I guess wearing them everyday, you get used to them eventually.