SIX

"I'm home! noona! (older sister, used by guys towards girls who are older than them)  I know you're here! get out of your room. Now!" Junki immediately called me from my room the moment he stepped inside the house. I got off my bed and opened my bedroom door. Junki was standing right in front of me, hands crossed.

"Soooooo........? Spill." he said with questioning eyes.

"Um.......... tee hee!" I beamed a big smile at him.

"I knew it! I knew it! Oooh noona! I'm soo happy for .... ME!"

"What?"

"Hee hee.. I'm gonna have a superstar sister!" he hugged me and started spinning around.

"OMO! Jun! Stop spinning me around!!!" he chuckled and put me down.

Even though Junki is younger, he towers over me and can easily lift my small stature of 5''3.

 “Waah. I bet you were soo amazing! Why didn’t you let me come?”

“Yah. Do you want mom to kill me? I needed someone to cover for me while I was away. Duh.”

“ Hmm. I guess so…” he said.

“What did you say to her?”

“ I said that you went to school early. I mentioned the school paper due for today.” He said.

“Oh, by the way, did you give that to Inna unnie?”

“Yeah…”

“Junki. You’ve got that  dreamy look again.” I said, amused.

 “She’s just soooooooo….perfect!....."

"Did you manage to ask for her number yet?"

"Not yet….” He said, dejected.

"Jeez.. I could give you her number if you ask me.."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

“You know, you might be…………….too late…” I said, pausing for effect..

Junki stared at me..

“What the? Wait… Who’s the guy?”

“GUYS.”

“GUYS? As in GUYSSSS?”

“Yup. Inna unnie is verrrrrry famous you know, she’s the flower of our class..”

I can’t help but teasing him.. If only he knows how Inna asks me about him every single day.. mwahahaha.. am I that evil?

I stared at Junki, his face between his hands.

I bit back my chuckle.

“There… There… Brother, don’t just level yourself with Inna’s other admirers, you know you’ve got the best friend as an advantage… HMMM.. yeah, you’re lucky that I’m your sister…” I scooted closer to him patting his back.

He sniffled, and looked at me with his puppy eyes.

O.O

O.O

O.o

O.-

-.O

I almost caved, but then the front door opened, revealing my mom's smiling face.

"Omma! welcome home!" both junki and I ran to meet or mum who was currently taking her shoes off in the door.

Junki quickly got mum's bags and put in on the table.

"where's Daddy?" I asked.

"he's still at school, finishing some test papers. He'll come home a little later."

"Oh."

I waited till my mum sat on the sofa before telling her about my acceptance at YG. 

When mum finally sat down, I sat beside her while Junki was giving her lemon water (which is cold water with drops of lemon juice.)

Then I finally dropped the bomb. 

"Omma, I finally got accepted at YG Entertainment."

My mum was currently drinking her lemon water when..

"PFFFFTT!!"

yes. watter splashed on my poor brother's face as he was right in front of her, waiting for her to finish her glass.

My brother was frozen, wide eyed while water seeps from his face to his shirt.

He was looking at mum and I with a serious "WTH" face.

Then both mum and I bursted out in laughter.

I reached for the tissue box beside me and gave it to Junki.

“Thanks.”

Mom then realized what I said.

“Really? You aren’t joking Chaerin?”

“Yes mum, I finally got accepted at YG.”

“But, when did you go to Seoul?” she asked me, still not believing I went to Seoul all by myself.

“Well, I went this morning..”

“Oh… But.. how did you get accepted right away? What did you do?”

“Well I sang an English song. I was surprised when they said that I passed the first and second audition, it just happened that for the second audition, the participants are required to sing a foreign song.”

“Noona is soooo DAEBAK.” (awesome) Junki said, after completely drying himself up.

 “My daughter.. I’m proud of you.” Mom pulled me close and hugged me, Junki engulfing us in a big hug.

“I’m home!”

!!!

dad is home!