EIGHT

I can’t sleep.

My brain won’t lemme sleep!

I’m still hyped up about the acceptance at YG.

I flipped the blanket and stood up, staring around my room.

I’ll miss this. I can’t imagine living with other trainees in the dorm. I’ve never been away from home, my parents and Junki. I’ll miss them very much. 

Might as well start packing my things. I grabbed my red Samsonite luggage, a gift from mom when I was 10, needing a luggage to put my things for music camp. Back then, the bag was too big for me, I just filled 1/4 of it, the other 3/4, pure air. haha. Now just thinking about the dorms and what to bring, I know that the space isn't enough. UGH.

After filling up the bag with my clothes, my luggage was stuffed, closet half empty. I grabbed two boxes Junki bought me beforehand and started filling it up with my music notes, some family pictures and my panda bear stuffed toy to remind me of home. I packed my brushes, acrylic paints, pencils, charcoal and chalk pastels along with my sketchbooks and spare canvass. I closed the box sealing it with tape and grabbing a sharpie, wrote: "Warning: live dinosaur inside. BITES." haha.

I grabbed the other box and filled it with my sneakers, running shoes, flip flops, a pair of Doraemon night slippers given by a friend. I grabbed my only pair of high heels *cough* hells *cough* dangling it with two of my fingers, and reluctantly stuffed it inside the box. I left the box open, thinking of what else to put inside. I saw the digital clock on my nightstand blinking, in red bold numbers 3:00 a.m. OMG. I better sleep now or else, mom will kill me. i stood up and went beside my bed, flopping down face first, sniffing the scent of my pillow, smells like home. ugh. " I love you pillow, I’ll miss you." I closed my eyes, my brain embracing dreamland.

"CHOO! CHOO! HERE COMES THE TRAIN!" There goes my alarm. Just shouting its little speakers off. 

I got up, crying inwardly, turned the screaming alarm off and lightly threw it inside the box that I left open earlier. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes heading towards Junki's room I knocked on his door with my foot, forgetting that I'm not wearing the Doraemon slippers I packed earlier. TT.TT

"OWWW!!!" I hopped on one foot, Junki emerging from the door of the bathroom, laughing inwardly at me. 

"Noona, you okay?" terribly keeping his face straight.

"shut it." I spat.

he burst in guffaws. 

"What's going on there?" mom asked from the kitchen.

Junki skipped towards her voice, me following suit, half hopping and dragging my injured foot.

We reached the kitchen, the smell of Mom's cooking wafting around the room.

"Noona stubbed her toe!" Junki excitedly tells my mum of my accident. ugh. go on. laugh. 

"You okay hun? " Mom asked, placing the dishes she prepared on the table.

"Yep. Just peachy." I pouted.

I felt someone ruffling my bed hair.

"DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!" I grunted, slapping his hands away.

he laughed and sat on his place at the table.

"You're mean daddy," i pouted and sat beside him.

"Wipe off that pout, and let's eat." mum said, sitting across me, then Junki beside her.

On the table, were Grilled Short Ribs (Galbi), Spicy Seafood Salad, Bean Sprout Rice (Kongnamul Bab), Spicy Stewed Fish, Cold Cucumber Soup (Oi Naengguk), Seasoned Kelp, and Radish Strip Kimchi (Moo Saengchae). WOW. This is breakfast.

“Traditional Korean breakfast just for you Chae rin. Congratulations for your acceptance!”

“Wow. Mum. This is awesome. Thank you. You’re the best!” I said, tears threatening to fall.

She went over to me and side hugged me, kissing my temple. 

"You be careful there hun, call us when you can. I know you'll be busy but, please find time to call us. We  love you and good luck."

I nodded, tears freely pouring on my cheeks. I wiped them furiously, while chewing the food mom cooked for me.

Breakfast ended, I helped mom wash the dishes, mother and daughter bonding time all the way. she keeps hugging me, so naturally, we made quite a mess with the suds flying out of the sink. After that, Dad, Junki and I watched our favorite action movies, me sitting in between them, enjoying our movie bonding time.

4:00. It's time.

Junki grabbed my luggage, heading for the door. Mom was hugging dad, quietly sobbing. I looked up at my dad and hugged them both, wiping my tears furiously, dad hugged me back, patting my back. 

Junki loaded the cab with my Samsonite bag and two boxes, patiently waiting beside the cab. i waved back at mom and dad, stepping out the gate of our home, committing in memory my surroundings.

Teddy, our puppy, bounded down the steps and knocked my feet. he kept wagging his tail and brushing his body on my legs, as if knowing that I'll be gone for a long time. I sat in front of him, patting his head and kissing the top of his head. He whined. I scratched behind his ears, waved to my parents and went inside the cab. Junki followed inside, patted my knee, and told the cab driver to drive. 

I am now beginning a new chapter of my life. I, a mere 15 year old girl trying to develop her talents to help her reach her dreams. If I could save now, like you save a game before battling the boss, I would, so if I fail, I could always go back to this point and have a second chance.

Now is the time to believe in myself and push myself to the limits of my capabilities.

There is no turning back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

omaigasssss! It's so hottttt here in my country. Oh, why? Oh, why?

SORRY for updating late. :3 I know I owe you guys tonns of updates, and I'm sorry!

Enjoy the chapter!

Next chapter, the start of her trainee days. 

I love you guys.