NINE

It was late when Junki and I arrived at the dorms. Junki grabbed my samsonite luggage and put the box containing shoes by the curb. I grabbed the box filled with my art stuff and put it down beside the other box.

Before me is a 7 storey building, almost identical to other commercial apartments in the district. I sucked in a large amount of air, puffed my cheeks and let it out slowly, a nervous habit. Junki patted my back and proceed to carry the box with my shoes, dragging the Samsonite bag along. I hauled the box and followed him. The interior was homey. Just like a regular apartment in seoul. I walked towards the lobby desk where a smiling middle-aged lady was waiting for me.

"Anneonghaseyo! Chae-rin imnida."

"hello, good evening, acceptance papers please."

"Oh, here." I clumsily ruffled my bag and handed the papers to her.

"Lee Chaerin, new trainee. Um, please wait."

"yes."

"You'll be in the 4th floor, room 407. You're required to check in for your orientation tomorrow, 6 am sharp in YG. Here's a map to the YG building, it's not that far away, just a couple of blocks and you'll be there. Here are the rules inside the apartment. Goo9d luck." she handed me the papers and smiled.

"Um, actually, can I have a favor?"

"Yes? What can I help you with?"

"Can I let my broyher stay in tonight? just for tonight, it's late and the subway is already closed."

"Well, as you're the only one currently residing in room 407, yes you can let him sleep just for tonight. Please don't forget to read the apartment rules. And before I forget, this is the passcode for 407. There's some ramyun and bottled water there if you're hungry. Have a nice evening."

I bowed and went to the elevator. Junki followed suit.

"Yaaaah, I'm tired. Your box is heavy! Dou you think the apartment will be fully furnished?"

"Um, yeah I think so. All yg ent. artists and trainees live inside the apartment complex, maybe the room I'm assigned to used to be the room of current artists before their debut. the elevator stopped and we both got off, heading for room 407.

"daebak. Hand me downs! I can sell some on the internet for saesang fans! Just imagine... cooking pans used by se7en in his pre-debut days! Ha!"

I flicked his forehead.

"Yah! you're mean!" he pouted.

"Shut up. You might disturb someone! Don't get me kicked out before I've even started!"

"Oops!" he batted his eyelashes and twiddled hid forefingers.

I punched in the passcode on the panel on the door handle and the lock made a *piriri* sound, indicating that the door was now open.

I opened the door and brought the box in, placing it diwn before the small shoe area. I grabbed the two slippers and gave one to junki as he pulled my suitcase inside. He ran towards the living room area while I checked the kitchen.

The kitchen was fully furnished, as I predicted, compkete with utensils and knives as would a regular lkived-in kitchen. This reminds me of home. I'm sure that I'll enjoy having the duty of cooking for my roomates. The refrigerator was empty except for three bottles of water. I then opened the shelves and saw three packs of ramyun.

"junki? Dou you want some ramyun?"

I heard his rushing footsteps bounding off towards the kitchen. He sat on the countertop, facing me.

"Noona! Make me ramyun! Ne? Ne?" 

"Arrasseo! Arrasseo!" I said and went to work.

After we ate, Junki helped me unpack my boxes. There were two rooms with two beds. I grabbed the box containing my drawing stuff and dragged it towards the nearest room. I placed my drawing stuff on the desk I claimed as mine.

Junki dived on the other bed, spread eagled while I sat and grabbed the apartment rules that the lady manning the desk gave me.

Apartment Guide:

-Every Thursdays and Saturdays, 7 pm - 11 pm, trash shall be collected from the trash bins provided at the back of the building, Puple bags for food waste, orange ones are for regular, dry waste.

-avoid doing your laundry early in the morning, or late at night (washing machine noise)

- be careful not to leave electrical appliances switched on for long periods of time.

-smoking is strictly prohibited. violators will be reported to their supervisors.

-always turn off the gas at the main tap when you go out or go to sleep.

-keep your apartment clean (there will be weekly visits by your trainee supervisors)

-do not keep pets

-be considerate to your neighbors.

I got up and turned the gas valve off, and put the brochure on top of the night stand. Seeing Junki already asleep on the other bed, I got under the covers and yurned the lamp off beside me..

*next day*

I woke up to the sound of my cellphone's alarm blaring off its little speakers.

I got up and turned it off. I flicked Junki on the forhead and he shot right up, clutching his head.

" Owie! Meanie!"

"Good Morning to you too!"

"It's too early!"

"Nope. You have to get home, like, right now. You have a 7 am class!"

"Oh crap! I forgot!"

He shot out of the bed and started half running out of the room towards the door, scrambling to slip on his shoes.

"Goodbye Junki! Love you!"

"Good luck noona! I'll visit with Inna noona sometime!" he smiled and ducked out of the door.

"You do that dongsaeng!" I chuckled and got ready for a big day.

---------------author's note-------------

*swoooooosh*  (flying knives everywhere) *toiiing* *shuck* (random items thrown)

ow!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry! I know it's been a while, but life caught up with me and I had no time to update. Got my netbook fixed now so I can update... :) hihi.