✒hennessey

i...dont...think it. youre not insane.

7. hennessey
day VII: you dont own me

recap of last night.

as soon as i got home, i immediately stormed upstairs, completely ignoring finns endless demands for me to come back.

upon my arrival to my room, i slammed the door shut, locking it right after. moments later, i hear the faint sounds of finn harshly banging on the door. but, it is fairly loud enough to hear after i began throwing  shit around.

so, i continued to throw lamps, pictures, pillows, dressers, basically, anything in this room.

then, i began taking off my outfit. this dress all of sudden felt like it was suffocating me. and these heels, gotta go. i ripped off my false lashes then ran into the bathroom, locking myself inside there in the process.

i removed every speck of makeup i had on then splashed my face with water, trying my best to process tonights events.

and just when i began to dry my face with a towel, i heard the bedroom door burst, followed by loud, angry footsteps coming towards the bathroom door. then, when he discovered that this door is locked too, finn decided it was best to stay calm rather bang or bust this one open.

so, he exhaled deeply then softly said, "norah, please open the door so we can talk about this." he requested kindly, which i made the obviously stupid choice to comply.

after opening the door slowly, i am now met with an angry and very intimidating finn. his hair fell over his eyes in sweaty curls. his breathing is no where near normal.

nonetheless, i completely ignored his presence and proceeded to make my way back over to my bed.

but, before i could make it, finn spun me around by the swift grab of my arm then, pulled me against his chest. "norah, listen to me when im talking to you." he ordered, his voice low and demanding.

"why? so you can tell me you love me and youre sorry then sell me off to some other old fuck?" i asked, never breaking eye contact. "shut up. im doing this because i love you. you know that. you also know this is just a one time thing-"

"is it? i find that extremely hard to believe...why do you love torturing me, finn? if i even mention leaving, you starve me. then i actually started to believe that you loved me. so, i gave you my most prize possession, my virginity. and just when things got good, you sell me. like a sex slave. is that all i am to you, wolfhard? a sex slave?" i asked him, being completely serious.

his grip on my arm only loosened, until his hand was barely grazing against my skin. my responded was obviously true if it caused the boy to all of a sudden go silent.

"i do what i do because, im selfish, okay? i want you more than anything. but, i cant let my dad and my company down because of you. so, how about we just look at it as you helping the business and in return, you get whatever you want?"

finn offered, tucking some hair behind my ear with his pale hand. his delicate touch was indeed tempting but, in order to avoid any unintentional persuasion, i quickly slapped away his hand, causing the boy to smile like the maniac he is.

"try not to die fucking yourself tonight, wolfhard." i told him before walking towards the bedroom door. "i love you too, baby!" he yelled, letting a short laugh escape his lips right after.

end of recap.

"miss banks, its time to leave." paul announced from my cracked bedroom door. i didnt answer at first. i just simply stared at myself for another brief second in the shiny mirror that stood in front of me. then, somehow my eyes slowly found their way to paul.

he then quickly took notice to the down expression i currently wore, resulting in him to walk into the room, up to me, and envelope me in a warm hug.

my dad always gave me hugs like this but, its been so long since ive had a genuine hug so, this was extremely needed right now.

paul then kissed the top of my head before rubbing my arms up and down. "i know youre scared, sweetheart, i know. but, its all going to be okay, okay?" i nodded my head, knowing it's only okay for the person delivering the message because, they arent in my shoes, they arent going to play dress up with someone's grandfather tonight in order for him to buy woman like a new pair of shoes.

paul then pulled me away, still keeping his big hands gripping on my fragile shoulders. i stared deep into his dark eyes, my attention shifting from his small eyes to his lips as he spoke.

"and please understand that finn is a...troubled boy. alright?" he asked me, seriously. and once again, all i could do is nod. troubled or not, finn wolfhard is just not right.