Summertime Madness

Theodore.

"Put a shirt on, you wallad." I used my index finger to pull down my blacked out Ray Bans, as I peered up at my dad.

Some hater.

"Don't be jealous that you don't have this." I slid a hand over my six (soon to be eight) pack. He rolled his eyes as he carried a big box and set it down on the grass next to me.

It was a hot today so I decided to go into the garden and lay down on the deck chairs, embracing the sun. I was in my grey jogging bottoms and obviously the Ray Bans had to come out. I watched as my dad pull out a barbeque set and started to lay the equipment out.

"What's happening?" I ask putting an arm behind my head whilst using the other one to text Tiffany. I wanted her to come over so we could enjoy the sun together. I wanted her to bring a bikini. I actually couldn't get what she did to me out of my mind. It was like she was whole new person. I was loving it mate.

"We're having a barbeque. The whole family is coming down." My dad said pulling out his glasses and the instructions.

"Awh man!" Marques complained from the distance where he was practising football by himself.

I agreed with him in my head. My family are so f*cking loud and there's one particularly yardie auntie of mine who loves to chat bare.

"I'm inviting my dons then."

My dad shrugged. "Do your ting."

I paused and lowered my phone to stare at him. I couldn't believe my ears. What was this 50 something year old doing?

"I beg your pardon?"

My dad looked up at me through his glasses before he burst out in laughter. This man was a doctor you know. I was not amused.

"Now you know how ridiculous you sound when you and your friend's speak like that."

I shook my head. "No dad, that's OUR lingo. Stick to your generation's grammar."

He laughed again and my mum stepped out into the garden. She had some long floral dress on that showed a little too much cleavage in my opinion. I wasn't going to say anything; I was going to leave it to dad to tell her.

"Look at the most beautiful woman in the world." The grin that formed on my dad's face as he looked her up and down almost made me sick. My mum smiled and did a little twirl for him, leaning down and kissing him on the lips.

"Do you mind?"

She turned to me and narrowed her eyes. "Don't look then." She then looked around before looking back at me. "Why are you not revising?"

"Can you not see that we're having a barbeque." I told her.

She rolled her eyes. "It's back to revision first thing tomorrow. I'm expecting A's if you want this new car you keep banging on about."

I started skinning teeth. I had my eyes on this white 14 plate Audi that was soo sexy. It was mine. Like, the company actually made it with me in mind. It was everything I wanted. My mum promised me that if I achieved 3 A's this summer that she and dad would buy it for me. I was going to get that car.

"Of course."

They just nodded and my dad went back to setting up the barbeque whilst my mum went back into the kitchen and continued to prepare the meat. Tired of texting, I called her instead. She picked up after the third ring.

"Hey babe."

I smiled. I wouldn't say that I was whipped but hearing her voice did bring a smile to my face.