There's a thin line between love and hate.

Prologue

Tiffany's P.O.V

I was in my local park when it happened. I needed to take some more photos for my Photography A-level coursework and evaluate them in order to get my current 'B' grade up to an 'A'. I decided to do my next collage on nature. So far I had captured a fairly good amount of pictures of trees and the scenery. I was feeling good about this coursework.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to hear.

It was the most random and devastating moment of my life.

I made my way out of the park and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. It was my best friend Celeshia. I’ve known Celeshia for about two years now, it’s not that long but I feel like I’ve known her my whole life. She just gets me. She is a very outspoken person. Some would call her personality rude, some would call it bitchy. I personally love it. She’s not afraid to tell you how it is. She will tell you the truth whether it's a compliment or her perception of your flaws. That’s why I love her so much. She doesn't beat around the bush.

“Hey babe,” I answered the phone.

 “Hey hun, what you up to?" she asked, her voice sounding muffled as if she was eating.

"I'm just doing some coursework. I'm done now so I'm heading home." I replied putting my camera away whilst holding the phone with my shoulder.

"Oh alright, well I'm having a movie night later so make sure you come over. It starts at seven and all Samuel, the twins and them lot are coming over. It's kinda like a drink-up as well so bring a bottle if you can." She said but was cut off by a beeping sound. I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at my screen to see another number I didn't recognise trying to call me.

"Oh alright then. Yeah, I'll come. Let me call you back Lesh, I got another call coming through." I replied to her.

"Alright then, see you when you get here."

"Alright bye."

I pressed answer on my phone and allowed the caller through.

 “Hello?” I said.

“Good afternoon, is this Tiffany Banks?” a female voice said, that I didn’t recognise.

“Yes it is, may I ask who's calling.” I said changing my tone because I thought it was a job calling or my potential university.

“This is Claire Short here from Maple Hospital; I’m calling about your mother, Elizabeth Banks. Miss Banks, would it be possible for you to come down as soon as possible.” She said.

My heart stopped. I closed my eyes and prayed that she wasn’t going to tell me what I thought she was to.

You see my mum has a brain tumour known as Astrocytoma. She has been in and out of treatment and has taken numerous MRI and CT scans and a few days ago she went through a biopsy surgery. This helped get rid of the majority of the tumour and the doctors prescribed her drugs to help treat the parts that weren’t removed. The surgery was successful and my mother was recommended to stay at the hospital for a few days to rest and recover. So why was this Claire woman calling me and asking me to come down?

“Miss Banks are you there?” said 'Clare' breaking me out of my thoughts.

“Erm...yeah I'm still here,” I stumble. “What’s happened to my mum?”

“Miss Banks, I strongly advise you come down so we can talk about this, such things cannot be discussed over the phone.” She replied. I inhaled a shaky breath and nodded.

About 45 minutes later, I arrived at the hospital. I remember my body feeling numb and weak, and not being to tell whether if I was dreaming or not. It felt as if the world was closing in on me.

 “Tiffany!” I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

 I turned my head and saw Nurse Catherine running towards me. She wrapped her arms around me and her scent which I liked filled my nostrils. I closed my eyes and held her just as tight as she was holding me. Nurse Catherine was my mum’s nurse; she was there with me since my mum’s surgery. She always gave me hope and reassured me that everything was going to be okay and my mum would soon recover. We prayed together and she would keep me company and allowed me to stay some nights with my mum. She was always smiling her and was always positive.

She didn't need to say anything. I already knew.

 “How?" I asked slightly confused. Everything was fine the last time I saw her.

“This morning we went to check on her... she just stopped breathing. The doctors tried everything to bring her back, but nothing worked.”

“I didn’t even get to say good bye,” I said sadly and that's when I broke down. 

That day was the day my mother died.

It's back :)