"Don't f*ck with me if you know you can't handle it."

I was reading this story a few months ago and I absolutely hated it. My writing technique was just a calamity lol. So here it is. Refurbished and more realistic. There's more emotion in this version and in this chapter, nothing has changed much but as I continue to upload you will see the difference. So, enjoy this extra long first chapter :)

Tiffany's P.O.V

It's been about a week since my mum's death. It's been hard but I have learned to deal with it. Everyone has their own way of dealing with death, I tend to bottle it up and hide my feelings. I haven't really talked about it to anyone other than Aunt Catherine. She told me to stop calling her Nurse Catherine and just Catherine but I thought it would be disrespectful so I call her Aunt Catherine now. I have officially moved in with my real aunt Maggie, she lives about twenty minutes away from my old house so there wasn't much difference. My aunt and her son Michael don't really discuss my mum around me and it's annoying but I understand why. Everyone is treading on eggshells around me; being careful what to say and do. Even Celeshia doesn't run her mouth much anymore; she's constantly being nice and sympathetic. They need to understand that it's not helping. The best thing is for everyone to act normal like how things were before.

I sighed as I stared at my reflection. I stood there in my full grey adidas tracksuit. I looked bad. I had lost weight. I went from a size 12 to an 8. Appearance used to be key to me. Fresh hair, nails always painted clothes in tip-top condition. Now I just didn't care.

Reluctantly, I changed my tracksuit for skinny jeans and a Hollister tank top, packing my cardigan into my bag. I tied my braz into a ponytail and put my oyster card, purse, camera and keys into my bag before leaving my room.

Heading downstairs, I stopped by the living room and saw Alicia sitting on the sofa in her pyjama's watching Disney Channel while Aunt Maggie and Michael were in the kitchen talking. I kissed Alicia on her forehead before going to the kitchen.

"Morning all," I said opening the fridge, pulling out a bottle of water.

"Morning," my aunt yawned, tying the ribbon on her robe around her.

"Yo," Michael's deep voice replied placing a cup of milk into the microwave.

"You look nice, where are you off to?" asked Aunt Maggie.

"I'm just going to see Aunt Catherine," I replied sipping on my water.

"Oh okay, say hello to her for me."

I nodded, "You should get some rest." I said acknowledging the bags under her eyes. She appeared worn out.

"I know," she laughed rubbing her eye. "But I've been so busy with the funeral preparations-" she said but then instantly paused and looked up to see my reaction.

 "You can say it you know." I said annoyed that she stopped. She smiled nervously.

"I know sorry, it's just th-"

"Don't worry about it." I dismissed cutting her off.

"Tiffany." said Michael in a warning tone.

"What?" I challenged him causing him to raise a brow and give me a deliberate look.

I cut my eye and started walking out. "I'll be back later." I said and without another word, slipped on my white Converses and walked out of the house.

I felt bad as I walked along the road but I was soon becoming tired of everyone and everything. The humid wind brushed past my face as the sun heated me up, it was the middle of April and surprisingly London was boiling. I walked towards the bus stop and once the bus came, I slapped my oyster onto the scanner and made my way upstairs. I pulled out my headphones and clicked the shuffle choice on my iPhone and nodded my head to Black Skinhead by Kanye West.