Chapter 13

Why'd he go to that damn party? He knew it would be a bad idea, he knew deep down that it would just wreck him. Why'd he try to talk to Dean?

"You're so fucking stupid Cass" He cringed at himself.

"And you're a disappointment too. Clean the kitchen little shit. I don't have the time." His mom burst in, vodka in her hand. "Did I stumble? Get to the fucking kitchen." She slapped him upside the head. "Should've had an abortion." his mom mumbled, collapsing onto her bed.

Cass stumbled out into the kitchen feeling dizzy. Loss of blood? He was still drunk and high so he assumed that was why. He looked down at his arm and sighed. Oh well. The kitchen was a hell hole, his mom probably pulled everything out for Cass to put back. That was such a waste of time. His mom wasn't extremely abusive, she'd hit him hard every once in a while but she knew that she'd get in trouble if she did. Cass was thankful for that, thankful that she wasn't too bad to him.

He walked upstairs and went to sleep. It was 1 in the morning and Gabe convinced him he had to go to school. So far Gabe's ideas weren't the best ones. He thought about Dean and his laugh until he drifted off to sleep.

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-" Cass smashed his hand over his new alarm and groaned. He promised Gabe he would go to school, despite what happened last night.

He walked into school and parted with his brother who obviously didn't want to be spotted with him. He got shoved around more today than usual which he was expecting. He got to his locker, went to put in his comb when he saw the word

"FAGGOT"

Spray painted in giant red lettering across his locker. He heard laughter, he heard the same words he heard the other day. He didn't want to turn around, fear paralyzed him once again, he was stuck. Cass didn't know what to do besides sink to the floor, and thats what he did. He heard footsteps come up behind him.

"You'll never matter to anyone Novak." Benny. Benny lifted Cass up by the collar and socked him in the side.

"It's funny how long you went thinking any of us actually liked you." Cass felt the breath come out of him. Benny dropped him and Cass fell to the ground hitting his head and Benny kicked him in the ribs.

"No one fucking likes you. Your mom doesn't like you, Dean doesn't like you, we don't like you, you don't have any friends, you're kinda screwed faggot." Benny landed a few more punches and Cass sat there and let him, he knew he deserved it. Eventually Benny walked away but Cass still sat by his locker, his combination only half done.

He saw a familiar pair of boots and looked up to see the person they came with. He saw a familiar face frowning at him, but he walked away. After everything they'd been through together, after every class Cass cover for him because he was having sex with Anna, everything Cass did to make Dean happy didn't matter, because Dean didn't care about him. No one did. No one fucking cared about Cass.

Cass closed his eyes and he felt his mind sink into a deep dark abyss. There was no getting out, he was far too gone.