(11) New Guy Next Door. Why Does He Have Fangs?! Part 2

Hey everyone! Sorry for taking so long to upload! But the second part is here. I hope you like it! And as to the contest, unfortunately no one guessed the right answer. :( But you guys are still awesome!

Anyways, here is the next section! Please comment, message and especially vote if you liked it. I love getting comments. Please tell me if you like the way the story is going. :D Thanks!

Here is a little recap from last time:

Danny took my head in both hands and gently kissed me on the lips. "Never, ever do that to me again. I thought I lost you."

I laughed meekly "It's not like I did that to scare you. I wish I would have known what was happening too! Now I know how Alice must have felt, and let me tell you it sucks!"

This got us both laughing as he helped me to my feet and back into the car. I looked around and couldn't recognize any of the buildings. I guess we were somewhere deep within the V district.

Danny sensed my distress and kissed me lightly on the head. "Don't worry, nothing will happen to you. Not when I am around. Besides, I am sure you can defend yourself pretty well against anyone who tries to cross you."

Danny winked at me and opened my door. I slid in and took a deep breath in trying to regain some energy and collect my thoughts.

I heard Danny open his door and slid in. I expected to hear the sound of the engine when instead I heard "So what happened?"

I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. Where to begin? I thought.

Part 2:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Look Danny I don't even know what happened but from what I can tell the VLRA are stronger than you and Steven think"

I felt Danny take my hand that was lying limp in my lap.

"You know Ara, if you need a minute to calm down we can always just go back to my place."

"No, I'm fine. I was just freaked out because I have no idea what just happened. One minute I was here in the car with you and then I felt myself being transported and all of a sudden I was in another place and they couldn't see them."

"I don't believe it! This is amazing!" Danny was beaming at me from the driver's seat.

"Um, excuse me? I just became the equivalent of a living ghost for like ten minutes and your telling me that's amazing?!"

Personally, I didn't think that what happened to me was amazing. On the contrary, it was downright freaky.

"I have never heard of someone so young being able to do it before." Danny looked at me and I saw his sapphire eyes glowing bright with love and pride.

"Ara, what you just did is called astro-planeing. Only a handful of magi can ever achieve such a feat and usually that only happens after decades of experience. I don't think someone as young as you has ever been able to astro-plane."

Astro-plane? Is that what I did? Well that does explain how I was able to project myself across the world. And all thanks to my powers as a magi. Great, just great.

"Danny, I still don't understand why is it that I have never been able to do this before?"

"See Ara, a magi is born with certain gifts, like your ability for telekinesis. But as a magi grows their abilities expands. Most of the time magi achieve their new powers through study but some like the power to astro-plane are innate and only appear when the magi has reached a certain maturity. Never this early in life."