(5) New Guy Next Door. Why Does He Have Fangs?!

Hey guys! So I have a smallish problem, for some reason my computer is being stupid and isn't letting me paste the last half of my story. So right now, I have about half of it but I wanted to post something up tonight. So I am going to be talking to my techie friends tonight and running some virus scans. But I hope you enjoy and tommorrow I will be posting the rest as a separate chapter.... I hope. XD But I will sending an email to my fans letting you know if I will make it a separate chapter or add on to this one.

Oh and btw the scene in the hospital is not meant to be twilight-ish at all. I hadn't noticed until my best friend pointed it out to me tonight. So just so you know.....lol

And please don't forget to vote and comment. Comments makes my day! :D

I hope you enjoy what I posted and I will

__________________________________________________________________________________

This is a really pretty song by a really awesome band.

Its called Vanilla Twilight by Owl City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENY16Mjw6k

__________________________________________________________________________________

"So, would it be twisted if I said that I am happy I am here?" said Danny.

"What?" I was looking around the waiting room at the different family members splayed out on the various couches and chairs they had. All of them had the same face: pained eyes, frowns and their eyebrows draw close to their eyes as they contemplated the fate of their loved ones. I am sure my own face mirrored theirs, although I could never do a good brooding forehead.

"You are doing it again....."

That snapped me out of my reverie.

"Doing what again?" I asked innocently.

"Spacing out. You know, you should really get that checked out." He said jokingly and started to laugh. My mood started to brighten. I hate being here but I am glad that Danny is here with me. I couldn't imagine how I would be if it wasn't for his calming presence.

"It's not a condition." I countered. "It's a state of mind"

He lifted up his left eyebrow. Wow. His eyes seemed to glow in this light, they reminded me of the color of the ocean on a bright summer day.

"How can zoning out possibly be a state of mind?" I looked down at my hands. This was NOT going to be fun.

"Well, it's a kind of defense mechanism." He looked at me curiously so I decided to get this over with. "I started zoning out when I was in 6th grade. See people thought I was weird... and well, when you are 11 you don't really know how to talk discreetly. So whenever I went into the lunch room I could hear everyone talking, snickering, and well let's just say it wasn't fun. So I just wanted everything to go away and just stop. That why I started to block everyone out. At first it was hard but after years its easy and I do it without noticing it anymore."

I looked up at him and he looked angry. Well I wasn't expecting that, usually people feel bad for me. I mean when I told Paul my sappy story he practically chocked me with his hug. Oh Paul!! How is he doing? The doctor hasn't come out yet..... I felt myself start tearing up.

"Hey hey don't worry." Danny took his hand and held my chin up.

"It was a long time ago, you shouldn't still be sad. And besides, I'm here." He flashed a cocky grin and I felt myself instantly blush.

"Yeah right. You being here makes it all the better." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. Danny started to laugh.

"I just don't see why they would make fun of you. You seem perfectly normal to me."