Chapter 9

Chapter 9
----------------------------------------------
"Yet again, The Mysterious Beauty strikes. Landon, Brad Allen's brother, was seen strolling around downtown with The Mysterious Beauty. The couple, if we can even consider them that, seemed happy and focused only on each other. So, the question is, which One of The Allen Brothers is The Mysterious Beauty with?" - Gossip Train

" Is there some sort of sibling rivalry happening here? Landon Allen was spotted with The Mysterious Beauty who was earlier seen with Brad Allen, his brother. There hasn't been any conformation yet , but many think that there is a love affair in the mist of the two. Making this Landon's second scandal in four years. How does Brad feel about this and who is this mysterious woman?" - Rumor Has It

"What's this!? The Mysterious Beauty has made her comeback, but not the way we expected. We thought that the next time we would see her that it would be with Brad , but instead it was Landon we saw her with. The two enjoyed an ice cream date and then watched a late night showing. "-Push & Shove

" Ahhh! You guys! She had a date with Landon too! How did she get so lucky? He even gave her his jacket! He's such a gentleman! I think I might faint just by the thought of him! But, there has been rumors about an affair. Brad or Landon? Either way she is one lucky girl!"- Pep In Your Step

It's been a whole week since Landon and mine's ice cream date. In between we did go to some events, but nothing big has really happened. The irritating thing is that the media thinks that we're having an affair! Never in my life did I think that I would be associated with the word affair or scandal. I just don't understand why they just couldn't see the obvious. I was with Landon not Brad, it was Landon I was always standing by, and it was his hand I was always holding.

"Hey, there Mysterious Beauty!"

It had become a regular occurrence for us to meet up at the coffee shop down the road. I always used this time with Brad to vent. I didn't realize how maddening it was to be in the media's spotlight. I had a new respect for famous people that I once envied. I couldn't imagine what it would be like when I became an actress. Well, if I became a known actress that is.

"Please, don't !"
"Why? It's funny!"
"Yeah, to you!", I laughed.
"I still don't know where it even came from."
" I think 'Push & Shove'. " , He pretended to think.

I let out a sigh.

"What is it?"
"I'm just stressing! Why are they so hung up on us being together!?"
"What, am I that bad!?", he placed a hand on his 'heart'.
"Shut up!", I smacked his arm.
" You know what I mean."
"They're just cought up in it. Nothing interesting has happened. So if somebody throws out the word scandal or affair suddenly everyone's attention is on it. "
"Am I really that bad of an actress?"

I dropped my eyes to the ground.

"Well you're good enough to get they're attention. Sure it's not the attention you were looking for,but it's there. They do think you're with him. "

He leaned back with his hands behind his head.

"Behind my back though. I mean I can understand. Who would date my brother when they had me ? With my own brother too! What happened to the no brother & no friend rule!? "

We laughed.

"Shut up!"
"You've changed Ava. You've changed. "

Once again we were greeted with flashes has we stepped out of the coffee shop. Now that it's been a week they didn't bother me as much. It was my dwindling confidence in my acting that was the problem. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong. I couldn't just give Brad the cold shoulder either, it wasn't his fault.

Today I was meeting Landon and Brad's father. Surprisingly he was well known in the fashion world. The thought of it was kind of funny. Our society was so sexist that you'd expect their mother to be the fashion designer and their father to be the businessman, but the roles were switched. I've actually heard about their father before I met them.

His designs were everywhere. If I could afford them I would buy everything in his collections, but unfortunately I had just graduated and only participated in a few shows. But, Douglas Allen was quit a sight to see. It explained why Brad and Landon were so attractive.

To be honest I was kind of nervous. What if I embarrassed myself in front of him. I needed to control my inner fan girl and act the way Landon's girlfriend should. But, who was I kidding it was like a dream come true being able to meet him.

I was practically hopping out of my seat on our way to meeting Douglas Allen. The Douglas Allen. Who would have thought I would ever be meeting him?Being Landon's girlfriend definitely had it's benefits.

"It's not that big of a deal. "
"Are you kidding!? I'm about to meet Douglas Allen!", I shouted at Landon.

Brad laughed at me.

I couldn't help it. I mean seriously Douglas Allen! I couldn't possibly put into words the feelings I was having now. They just didn't think it was a big deal because he was their father. I was a nobody, I would never get this chance without them.

" At least calm down a bit. "

I let out a calming breath.

"Okay, I'll try. ", I nodded.

"We're almost there!" , The driver shouted from the front.

"Ava.", Landon warned placing his hand on my bouncing thigh.

I looked at it confused. What was he doing? There were no cameras around. Landon and I hadn't become friends in the last week of being 'together'. So, why was he being so touchy? Maybe he could sense how nervous I was and didn't want me to embarrass him in front of his dad too.

"We're here !"

Landon looked at me.

"Deep breath. ", Landon instructed me , taking my hand.

----------------------------------------------

∞READ★VOTE★COMMNT∞

"What do you think about Landon and Ava's love affair?

What do you think Ava and Landon should do to get the media's attention ?

Is Landon just reassuring Ava or is there something more?

#Avrad
#Avadon