Chapter 2

Chapter 2
----------------------------------------------
" Isn't this basically just escorting?", I asked myself while I read my assignment.
Seriously, my assignment was to go on a date with a guy I just met and go along with what ever happens. But, I had to make it believable. I didn't even know anything about him. How was I supposed to go with it if I didn't know what to go with?
"So, have you been here before?", Derek asked me.
"Not that I can recall ,no. "
This is so awkward! This shouldn't be that hard. All I have to do is pretend that I'm madly in love with him, right? I just have to get into character.
Character?
I looked at Derek while he looked at the menu. His clothes were finely pressed and smooth, there was nothing out of place. He must be the type of guy that wants everything in order. I then looked at the way we had everything placed on the table. On my side of the table, my napkins , forks, knives , and spoons were close together. While his had spaces between them and were in straight lines.
"Are you ready to order?"
I looked up with a smile on my face ," Yeah, I'll have their spaghetti. "
Once the waiter was gone and I had finished fixing my side of the table, I looked back up at Derek. I need a back story...
"Thanks for asking me to come here today." , He smiled, " I didn't think I'd meet anyone nice this quickly."
He looked at me with a strange face and let out a sigh.
" There are plenty of nice people out there, you just have to find them. "
I smiled, " You're right. So, what brought you here? "
"Oh. I have a..business deal to attend to. "
"That seems nice. "
"What are you doing here with him!?"
I gasped at the sight of the man who gave me this assignment walked towards us.
" I asked you what are you doing here!"
I turned to Derek with an apologetic look.
"Who is this?"
"Uh.. he's my ex-boyfriend's brother. ", I stood closer to Derek grabbing his arm has the man got closer.
"Hey, who do you think you are!?" , he pushed Derek.
"Stop! He didn't do anything!"
Derek pushed me behind him.
" I think you should leave, you're upsetting her. "
"I'm upsetting her? I should be the one upset. She's cheating on my brother with someone like you. Darling, don't you think you could have done better. I mean seriously if you're going to cheat on my brother at least get somebody close to his level. "
I started to take deep breath making myself cry.
"That was the point, I don't want anyone like him!"
"Fine! But, you'll regret it!" , The man yelled one last time before leaving out of the restaurant's door.
"I'm so sorry Derek ! I didn't think he'd be here. " , I cried.
"Hey, it's fine." , He whispered while rubbing my back.
I nodded my head," I'm just going to go home. "
"I understand. Do you want me to walk you there?"
"No. But thanks for the date. Sorry that he had to come here and ruin it. If we ever cross paths we should try this again sometime. "
Once I stepped outside the restaurant's doors I saw the man leaning on the side wall with a smirk on his face.
" I think you just got yourself a new job. "
"Thanks. " , I said wiping away my fake tears.
Take that Mr.Ochre!

---UPDATES---
5 new chapters in More Than Friendship
1 new chapter in Do I Look Stupid To You!?
3 new parts in The Good One
2 new parts in My Point Of View
2 new parts in How About This?
∞READ∞
★VOTE★
∞COMMENT∞