Chapter Fifteen

Liam didn’t know who to expect. He was wondering as to who would be waiting for him. He was about to go back when Cara called him. “Liam”. Cara’s voice was very clear in his head. HE looked to the direction of the old house and saw tiny ball of blue lights coming to his direction.

            He had no choice but to go to Cara. He was happy to go there, but he felt guilty after what he and Adrian had talked about. But on the other hand, Liam wanted to spend as much time as he could with Cara. He wasn’t sure as to what would really happen after he frees her completely. He promised her, and he would do everything to fulfill his promise.

            “Cara… Cara…” Liam called, but Cara did not answer. Not even a glimpse of a blue light greeted him. Liam felt weird, he felt like something terrible was about to happen. Liam was in the middle of the living room, when he heard footsteps from behind him. Liam instantly looked back, expecting it to be Cara. “Mayor McCarthy…” Liam was surprised as he saw the Benedict with a grim expression.

            Liam had a bad feeling about that situation. It was the same feeling he had when he dreamed about Adelbert being shot, and the time Wilson stabbed him. Benedict had the very same expression from Wilson and the man who shot Adelbert. “My son is in jail.” Benedcit said nonchalantly. “Because he failed… But there’s no one to blame but him. If only he stabbed the right guy five years ago, then everything would be different…”

            Liam couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “You knew… You knew and yet you protected him!”

            “He is my son!”

            “You’re both insane!” As Liam shouted, Benedict took out a gun from behind him and pointed it at Liam. Liam looked at Benedict bravely, he wasn’t afraid anymore. After all the deaths that he avoided, he knew he wouldn’t die that day.

            Benedict pulled the trigger, and as the bullet moved closer to him, Liam felt time passing slower. He could see the bullet in front of him, slowly approaching his chest. Then blue and green lights suddenly erupted around him.

            Liam was back in Cuore, well not exactly. What he was seeing was the past. His body was moving on its own, he felt really weird. He could see the Moores’ house from where he was hiding. He saw a younger version of Adrian walking out with two other familiar figures, slightly older. He recognized the man as Adelbert, the woman must be Leila Moore.

            Liam suddenly felt jealousy after seeing Leila and Adelbert together. He knew it was not his own feelings, so he was becoming more suspicious about the situation. Leila saw him, and Liam felt his heart jumped. Leila started pulling Adelebrt towards his direction, and his body started trembling.

            “Ben!” Leila greeted. “What are you doing there?” Leila asked with a smile.

            Ben? It was only then that Liam realized that he was in the body of Benedict McCarthy. But then blue and green lights exploded around him. When the lights subsided, Liam felt different, he just knew that he wasn’t in Benedict’s body anymore.

            Surprisingly he was back at the old house, but he knew that he was still in the past. It was dark outside, and the body he was in was holding a bag of fruits. “Cara… Cara…” The voice he had was very familiar.

            Cara appeared running down the stairs. She was wearing the same blue dress as she does at the present. She looked very happy. “Adelbert!” She greeted happily.