Prologue

The house was very old and had been unattended for many years. It was slowly turning into a feast for termites, it looked so unstable that no one dared to enter or even take a step near it. But safety wasn’t the only reason why people averted that house. Rumors had it that the house itself was cursed and some says that it was haunted. Every night they would see a lady in blue watching by the doorway, enticing people to come in. They say that once you looked straight into her crystal blue eyes, you would be spellbound, and would not have any choice but to come with her.

            But one fateful night, two men entered that house on their own account.

            One looked older than the other, with a stronger build, and taller figure, the other, much younger and innocent.

            “Why did we come here? It looks very dangerous here, and they say that this house is haunted.” The younger one said in a very worried tone. He looked around with much caution as the older one only stood one the other end of the living area watching him.

            “We came here to end everything.” The older one said in serious voice, his face was very cynical.

            The younger one turned and looked at the older one with much confusion. “What do you mean?” He asked slowly.

            “What I mean…” The older one took something form behind. “…is this.” He pointed the gun straight at the younger one’s head. He looked very frightening.

            The younger one could feel his killing intent. “Why? What did I do?” He said nervously, and started to step back shakily. He was very frightened at that moment. He wanted to run away, but the older one was blocking the entrance.

            “Ahhh… don’t be afraid. I would end it fast for you.” The older one sounded so devilish that the younger one could feel his skin crawl.

            The younger looked behind for a way to get out, but found none. “Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends?” He sounded so innocent. He trusted the older one. He had no idea why the older one was acting that way towards him.

            The older one stepped forward, holding the gun steadily. “You are a hindrance. You are the only one that stands between me and my destiny. I’m the one that should have your fortune, your life, your family, your destiny! But you took everything away! You took everything from me! But I would change destiny, I would take what’s rightfully mine! And for that to happen, you’ll have to be gone!” The older one pulled the trigger.

            The gunshot echoed on that silent night. The older one left the house with a devilish grin as he left the younger one bathing on his own blood.