Chapter Ten

“OUCH!!!” Liam complained as Ethan continued on pinching his cheeks.

            “I never remembered teaching you to be this sly. Where did you pick this up?” Ethan asked Liam. He didn’t sound angry. He sounded like scolding a little child with much adoration.

            Liam rubbed his cheeks when Ethan let go of it. “I knew you’re going to move slow, so I thought of this, besides I already told you I would help you.” Liam said in a low voice so that only Ethan could hear it.

            “How is this helping? I told you not to do anything weird.” Ethan whispered back.

            “Haaa… ahhh…” Liam exclaimed. “My dear cousin, you don’t understand anything at all. If your friends are all over the island, Theola would be force to be always with you, because if she isn’t then they would think weird of it. You two would also be forced to act sweetly more often. Isn’t that great? You would have more opportunity to show your affection to her.”

            “What are you two whispering?” Theola asked.

            “Nothing at all. The less you know, the more good it would do to all.” Liam said teasingly.

            Theola shook her head. “I never thought you are this sly.” Theola said in a adoring tone. “I feel that somehow I got caught in both of your schemes. He must have gotten it from you.” Theola said looking at Ethan defiantly.

             “Huh? Are you possibly blaming me for all this? Look here, I didn’t do anything, Liam did.” Ethan complained back.

            “Who else would he get these ideas from, besides from you? Liam is too innocent to be this sly all by himself, I’m sure you influenced him.”

            “He could have got it from Warren.” Ethan pointed at Warren who was silently watching the scene with a smile, holding back his laughter.

            “Warren is too nice to have such an influence on Liam.” Theola answered back defiantly.

            “Are you saying that all this is my fault?” Ethan asked sarcastically.

            “Yes, I am.” Theola said defiantly before walking out of the room.

            “Wow!” Ethan looked at Theola’s back. “Hey! Come back here!” Ethan followed Theola out.

            Liam was laughing when he sat beside Warren on the couch. He was surprised when Warren held his hand. He looked at his cousin and saw how sad Warren was. “I’m sorry.” Warren said. Liam was confused. “If only I arrived sooner, if only I was there to protect you, you wouldn’t have to suffer from your hemophobia.” Warren sounded so guilty.

            Liam held Warren’s hand tighter. “Stop blaming yourself. It’s not you fault at all. I’m alright now.” Liam smiled, but Warren still looked very worried.

            “Liam…” Warren sounded worried. “Do you remember anything about your past?” Warren asked. Liam didn’t want to lie to Warren, but he also didn’t want to worry him by saying that he remembers everything. Liam decided not to say anything. “I noticed that you stopped asking questions ever since you fainted in that old house, you also accepted my explanations about how were fostered by the Moores without any further questions, your hemophobia came back after four years, so I couldn’t help but think that your memories are back. Did something happen in that old house?”