13. No more chance

Gazelle's POV

Smoke...
Smell of burning ...
Smell of blood ......
And
Silence....
Is all that we felt , as we enter the pack borders.
Few guards were standing at the entrance of the boundary line . After inspecting us they let our car in .
Longest journey of my life , where I desperately wanted to come back to this pack.
Now that I have reached , the scene around here is bringing chills within me . It's so quite , and it smells so odd . No person is seen far far away. How much damage has been caused here ?

We drove straight towards pack hospital as Aunt got the information regarding mom admitted in there . We are hoping everyone else is also there .

It's first time for me to come to this side of the pack , so close to pack house. pack hospital is right next to this huge pack house .
Looking toward the pack house , it makes me wonder about the wellbeing of the other members of the pack and especially someone in particular .
What will happen when he discovers me here. I'm scared by just the thought of him and his rules .

But I care the least about the rules ,when it comes about my mother . She is in the hospital , hurt and I have every right to come and meet her.
Here I am standing outside the hospital . I felt a push on my back . I turned to find my grandma standing next to me , pointing me to walk ahead .
Three of us started walking inside . Aunt asked the receptionist about mom and then we left towards the given directions .
We entered the room where mom was kept .
First thing I noticed was Rod , sitting on the chair .
And mom laying on the bed, lifeless.

Narrator's POV

Just as Rod noticed the door open and Gazelle standing there with her grandma and aunt , he stood up and walked towards Gazelle and engulfed her in his arms .

" how is she?" Was the first thing Gazelle asked him.

" she is unconscious. Maybe She overused her powers. Doctors are checking her vitals for now . Nothing big to worry " Rod replied to ease down the tension .

" how did it happened?" Gazelle asked holding her tears .

" I don't know exactly . We got an information in the mid night that there was some rogue attack . We were not asked to join the fight first . Mom ordered us all to stay back at home . And she left . Then around 5 or 6 O'clock we felt some movements around our house . When we checked , there were some rogues trying to come this way . Maybe to attack our house . So we all tried to fight them with some blocking spells . Me , Ruth and Sara tried our best to block them from coming inside . Then after some time beta Connor and some other pack members came here and helped us fight them . They rescued us and took us to safe house . They took Sara to help heal others while we all stayed inside safe house . In fact we all helped inside in creating barrier for any rogue to enter . Fight lasted till the evening .Then we got the news that mom got hurt . I came here and Beta Connor took Ruth with him to help him in some work."
Rod explained

" where's Ruby?" Gazelle asked

"Ruby is with Eva and Bunna in safe house . " Rod replied .

" we all can't stay in here together " aunt informed them .

" you all stay I'll go out " Rod replied

" I'll come with you " Gazelle joined him .
Both of them walked out leaving grandma and aunt with Gemini. its first time Gazelle is seeing her mother like this and it breaks her heart . So she left the room to meet others .