29. Ruby

Narrator's POV

"Mate"
That word felt so unreal
It never existed in Ruby's life .

It's importance was over for Ruby ,
the day she was abused , tortured, beaten by her old pack.
Generally a 17 years old wolf finds his or her mate on her birthday ... but Ruby ....

She was drugged and sexually assaulted by her pack members . Being an orphan in the pack brought her a miserable life .
The day her parents died , her packs attitude changed towards her.
Everyone became her enemies.
One thing she wished for was 'Mate'
Only one person was enough for her
to survive.., who would care for her , love her , cherish her.

She was repeatedly abused by her pack members .
Only hope she had was to run away .
Run away from there .
And she did that .
She ran away with all she was left with .
But not before taking revenge.
She killed them .
She set fire on her old pack house in the mid night .
It's still mystery how the fire was set. It killed almost half of its members .
They thought Ruby also died in it .

In the process of running here and there , she met up with a strange women , who read her like back of her hand .
That women helped her settle down , she gave her guidance , work , shelter and hope .

A hope that she will one day find her mate .

It was Gemini .
Gemini came like a guardian angel .
Gemini recommended her at her work place .
Slowly they became like sisters.

Ruby always thought of Gemini as her inspiration. Ruby wanted to become a strong women like Gemini .
Ruby also admitted Hunter , Gemini's husband . He also supported her a lot .

The day Ruby heard the news of hunters death, she left everything and ran to Gemini .
Gemini asked her to stay .
And she did
Ruby stayed by her side .
Gemini and Ruby became each other's biggest support.
Ruby's wolf never appeared since her parents died and since her life changed .

'Mate' she thought she would never experience those feelings , that bond , that love .

The moment Ruby heard the word mate
She knew who it was . She didn't need to look behind her to know that it was her mate.

Ruby's tears were falling , her body was shaking . Every single muscle in her body was burning . She was shifting .
She never cried once after her parents died ,
So much happened in her life but she did not let these tears shed . But now she couldn't hold them anymore .
She was embarrassed to cry in front of everyone , especially her mate . so she let her wolf take over . Ruby shifted immediately into her wolf .
Her wolf jumped in front of her mate.

She motioned her mate to follow her out .

He walked out behind her .
Alpha Kent also lost all hopes of finding his mate . He was 38 and mateless. He was planning to make his beta the next alpha . But now his life suddenly brightened.
His mate appeared.
He was shocked .
He was happy . His mate was in front of him.

He walked behind this white wolf

'She is so hot' he thought to himself, he hasn't seen her face yet , and he's already obsessed with her. Her wolf is so beautiful, he wonders how wonderful she looks in her human form.