Chapter 14

Dear Kamita, 

I couldn't stay away--- that's the number one problem. 

Despite how I had hated your man-whoring ways AND days, I couldn't stay away from you. 

Ruyu had told me it's because I was in love with you. Of course I had denied it. 

No 18-year-old falls in love at such a young age, I had responded.  

He had called me a stupid liar. 

You on the other hand had kept calling me and emailing me after that Erika incident. I had not answered you for days. I had told myself... or more like convinced myself... that I was busy.  

Ruyu, again, had told me I wasn't busy. That I was just experiencing the confusing signs of finally having a first love and that I was jealous and needed enough time to face you.  

I had called him stupid.  

He had retaliated and had called me stupider. Stupid Sashimi had barked as if agreeing with Ruyu. I had forgiven him though because who could resist that teddy bear face? 

Sashimi, I mean. 

Then Gene, bless him, had interrupted us and told us he's the stupidest just to end the argument. 

And I had laughed. Ryu had laughed too. It had broken our stupid argument. Because we both know that's true. Gene had glared at me and had stolen Sashimi from my lap. I didn't complain much; that dog weighed more than Ruyu and Gene combined. 

Speaking of Ruyu and Gene---  

You! 

You HAD called them just to get to me! I still can't believe they had tricked me into Skyping with you. 

But then, I loved the first words I had said to you.  

Sometimes, I am grateful for my sadistic alter ego. 

---- 

"How's your dick?" Ateera asked, causing Kamita to visibly wince. Ruyu tried not to laugh if the twitch of the lips was an indication. Gene simply buried his face on Ruyu's shoulder to stifle his. Ateera demanded their presence in the room or else she won't talk to Kamita. 

"Ateera---" 

"Did it fall off or at least have bite marks?" 

Kamita sighed, looking frustrated. "Look, if you're not in the mood to talk to me, I'll end this. I'll call when you're more agreeable." 

Ateera shrugged. "Okay." 

Kamita narrowed his eyes at her. "You're not planning to go online again, are you?" 

Ateera smiled coldly. "You got it, Einstein." 

"Ateera, what's your problem?" Kamita asked in reply. This time, he sounded tired. "Was it because of Erika-chan?" 

Ateera glared at him. "I am busy. I'm a Junior now and university requirements are more demanding. You're not the only one with a hectic schedule." 

"But you can go drinking with your blockmates," Kamita accused. She threw a murderous glare at Ruyu, who suddenly seemed interested in the ceiling, before looking back at Kamita's face. 

"It's called unwinding," she said, not even trying to deny it. 

"I'm calling you tomorrow," Kamita said, his voice toneless. "I don't want to fight with you. Goodbye. Please say thank you to Ruyu-san and Gene-san." He couldn't see them from the angle of the laptop as they were lounging on Ateera's bed. 

Kamita disconnected. 

"Fuck," Ateera whispered as she realized what she just did. 

"Fuck is true," Gene commented as-a-matter-of-factly. "Why are you so jealous anyway? He isn't your boyfriend." 

"Don't you think I know that?" Ateera asked, sounding tired herself. She stood up from her desk to join her friends on her bed. She collapsed between them with her arms sprawled wide.  

"Are you, by any chance, falling for that hot piece of famous ass?" Gene asked, suspicion in his voice. Ruyu snorted, but didn't say anything. 

"No. He's important to me, but I'm not in love with him," she answered. "I... I just feel a little left out. I mean we have our Our Time, and all he talks about are these girls. It's his time for me." 

"You sound like a whining girlfriend," Ruyu commented. "Call him back." 

"What the hell did he pay you? You are talking his side on this," Ateera groaned in disbelief. 

"Not really. You know we'll kick his firm butt if he does something not nice to you," Gene replied. "But this is petty. Just make up with him. It's not like you can say No to him." 

"I just did!" 

"No," Ruyu answered firmly. "Your eyes were looking right above your laptop. You didn't want to meet his gaze because you know you can't say No." 

"And the fact that you can't--- well go, figure," Gene added. 

It was one of those rare times that Geniot was not accessible. Just when Ateera preferred his presence. 

---- 

I had hated the fact that I just realized right then and there that it was true--- I can't say No to you anymore. 

So what did I do?  

I had called you back and that wasn't the only thing I had done. 

I had apologized. Apologized!  

Woman pride, rest in peace. 

Or should I say pieces? 

Love, 

Ateera