Chapter Five

Chapter Five (Aidan's POV)

"I cannot believe you did that! How old are you, huh? You think you're still a pup?"

I flinched, but kept my teeth gritted, afraid I'd say something totally stupid as I stood there, totally naked and humiliated as my parents yelled at me; Raven standing nearby with a bandage on his arm where I had bitten him.

"You don't attack your own pack members," Zaid went on angrily, his fists clenched in the coat Scythe had given him after he changed forms, "And you don't attack your own brother! What's gotten into you lately? Don't you have any kind of control? Are you trying to become the laughing stock of Moonstone? I thought we already talked about this, Aidan. What did you think that talk was about? Fluffy bunnies?!"

I wanted to leave.

I hated being yelled at. Stop yelling at me! It's not my fault that Raven's an asshole! He locked in my room and tried to ruin my relationship with Styx! It was so unfair that I was always blamed for everything. It was like everything was my fault! Everything! World hunger, abortions, wars, global warming!

"Are you even listening to me now, or are you zoning out? If you are, you can forget ever leaving this house! You'll stay here until the day you shrivel into dust!" Zaid barked. Scythe sighed, then put a hand on Zaid's shoulder. Zaid fell silent, but he was still fuming silently. Scythe looked at me pointedly.

"We've had our fun," He stated in a deadly calm tone of voice, "Now it's your turn. Give us the best excuse you can come up with for why you're being an ass lately." I twitched, then clenched my fists angrily, digging my nails into my palms.

"It's not my fault," I started, my voice low and icy, "I want to be friends with Styx. All my life, I've been stuck with you jerks. You're always making fun of me, all of you are! You, dad, Raven, Rylan, even Cal, and Cal's my blood brother! I finally found the one person who doesn't insult me or make fun of me or use me and you won't let me be with him! We're just friends. That's it. I'm not trying to fucking elope or anything, for Goddess' sake! And you're harping on me when Raven's the one who locked me in my bedroom and wouldn't let me out! I had to jump out my goddamn window to get downstairs and I was so pissed that of course I'm going to attack Raven! It's his fault!"

Zaid stared at me, horrified.

"You jumped out a second story window?!" He demanded.

"No, I flew!" I snarled sarcastically. Zaid scowled and Scythe groaned, smacking his forehead before letting his hand slide off his face before he glared at Raven, who just stood there stoically.

"Raven, don't ever do that again. You're sparking war in our own household and that's dangerous." He scolded. Raven folded his arms over his chest.

"Not as dangerous as Styx. I don't trust him, at all. You're the one who taught us not to trust strangers and he's a stranger to the max." He responded flatly. Scythe frowned for a while, then looked at Zaid, who grimaced. Scythe sighed and looked back at us.

"You're both grounded for two weeks. By that, I mean, step one foot out of his house and you're in for it." He commanded.

"What can you do that you haven't already done?" I spat, then whirled around and went up the stairs toward my room. I was pissed to hear Raven's footsteps thudding behind me. I had assumed he was going to storm off to his room too, but when he passed his room, right on my heels, I froze. He almost smacked into me, then quickly reeled back like he had touched fire.

"Oh, what? Don't want to touch the freak?" I snapped. Raven twitched like he had been smacked, but resisted making any facial expressions.

"I didn't mean to say that earlier. It just... came out because I was angry."