Chapter Four

Chapter Four (Aidan's POV)

It was like any other bonfire we've had to celebrate the founding of Moonstone.

The fire burned brightly, sending a thick cloud of smoke streaming into the air to join the clouds in the sky above that still darkly hid the stars and moon. The flames cast eerie shadows, dancing across the grass along with the bodies that mingled together as pretty much every member of Moonstone, as well as a few from Rosemary, filled our yard and front porch. Hell, we even had people inside as they were close to finishing up the feast.

I tried to stay as far away from my brothers as possible, especially Raven.

He weirded me out.

It wasn't just the fact that he stared at me constantly or stalked me to make sure I was behaving, but it was the fact that he was everywhere, even in my deepest fantasizes, which pissed me off. Even when I was jacking off, I couldn't escape him.

"Why the sad face, Aidan?" I blinked and looked up to see Styx approaching me with a cup of apple cider, a smile touching his lips. He looked pretty damn good in a pair of tight black jeans and a silvery t-shirt.

"Not sad anymore." I admitted, grinning at him. Styx returned the grin, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you flirting with me or are you too innocent for that?" He asked. I blushed.

"I am not innocent."

"So you were flirting with me."

My face burned even more and I sputtered, but Styx just laughed, then stood beside me as he scanned the crowd of people before he tilted his head to look at me.

"This is a nice place you have here. Would you mind showing me around inside? I mean, not that I want to intrude or anything. I'm just curious." He said. I shrugged and nodded.

"Sure, no problem. Follow me." I answered, making him smile again as I led him through the crowd, easily squeezing past the people who were dancing and those who were gazing up at the sky, waiting for the moon to reveal itself so the air would be filled with howls.

I led Styx inside the house, darting past the kitchen quickly to avoid being scolded by any of the older members. They always told me to never invite an unknown member into my quarters, or down below where the pups stayed, but it's not like Styx was going to hurt anyone.

Styx and I went upstairs and down the hallway to my room first, where I opened the door and gestured inside. He stepped in, immediately filling the room with his sandalwood scent. I shivered as I shut the door behind me, stepping forward as Styx looked around in amazement.

"It's so big. It's about as big as my living room." He commented. I shrugged, walking over and plopping on the edge of the bed.

"We have a lot of family, so my great-grandmother set down money to have the place built back in the 1700's. It's got at least twenty bedrooms, as far as I know. There's probably more, but the left wing of the house is kind of creepy." I admitted, watching Styx wander around my room before he came to a stop in front of me, a smile on his face.

"I suppose it would be in a house this big... This is off topic, but you smell great. What is that?" He asked, then leaned in close. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as his nose touched my throat, his lips grazing my skin before he pulled back to sigh.

"Lavender and lilac."

"And vanilla?"

"Yea, it's just a remedy to calm down." I replied. Styx cocked a brow, then sat on the bed beside me.