Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Aidan's POV)

The meeting dragged on forever.

It was mostly the boring routine introductions and laying down the human laws as well as the were laws that were set out hundreds of years ago. The worst part was having to stand still the entire time behind my parents as they rose to introduce themselves as the alphas of Blood Rain.

I noticed the death glares that Nythara of Amethyst shot them, but it was swiftly ignored.

That's what I loved about my parents.

They didn't take shit from anyone. Zaid was strong, lean, and known to be the fastest wolf in Moonstone. His hair was deep, dark brown like chocolate and his eyes were bright seafoam green with skin smooth and pale, but in a healthy manner. My other dad, Scythe, was bigger in size and in muscles, but he didn't use it to hurt people- at least, not anyone in our pack. His hair was deep black with little strands of dark red, his eyes a sharp hazel color

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I wished I looked more like Scythe.

He was strong and obviously so. No one bothered him or tried to hurt our pack because he stood like a wall between us and the enemy. It wasn't fair. I didn't hate my father (Zaid), but he had a look about him that made people want to mess with him.

And I had inherited those looks.

It didn't help that I was on the short side.

Raven was six foot five, at least. Rylan was about five eleven and Cal five ten. Here I am, five foot five and not even growing an inch since I last measured.

Thinking about all this at once just put in a foul mood, so by the time the meeting was over, I was trudging out of the meeting room, leaving my brothers behind as I made my way outside quickly. As soon as the autumn air hit my face, I breathed a sigh of relief and slipped off to my motorcycle to wait around for my brothers, even though I really didn't look forward to having lunch with them.

All the packs planned to have lunch at The Mockingbird, but I wasn't going to have fun.

No doubt my brothers would pick on me and the staff, seeing as they were Amethyst members, would gladly piss me off too. They thought it was funny to give me the kiddie menu. At least, until I smashed their prized spicy nachos down their pants. Then I was the one laughing.

"Out here all alone?" A voice asked. I looked up from picking at my fingernails to see Styx coming toward me, looking pretty good in his jeans and t-shirt. I mentally slapped myself for thinking that and pushed off the bike, standing to face him.

"I didn't catch your name." Styx stated. I grimaced.

"Sorry about that. My brother is a jerk. All of them are. The name's Aidan. Aidan Rider." I greeted, holding my hand out. Styx smiled warmly and shook my hand before withdrawing.

"It's fine. I understand how that is. I have cousins like that." He replied. I smiled in relief. He wasn't saying anything about the fact that I was at least half a foot shorter than him, nor was he being rude at all.

I already liked this guy.

"Well, everyone in this town is pretty much like that around me, but whatever. It doesn't bother me." I answered smoothly lying. Styx's eyes flickered for a moment before he cocked his head.

"It shouldn't. You look like a nice guy to me. Unless you're some kind of murderous serial killer and you're just smiling cutely to hide it." He responded with a smirk. I felt heat fill my cheeks.

"I can't tell if you're making fun of me or not." I said. Styx laughed, and it sounded so musical.

Oh, jeez.