11) Just for amusement

Chapter 11 --- Land of the Dead

Just for amusement

"An amusement park? Are you serious? This is absolutely pathetic. We may as well prepare for our deaths." Alice kicked the seat in front of her.

"Rest in peace, Jett Oliver Larsen. In the very near future, nobody will know he ever existed."

"Shut up, Alison. We're not backing out now, this is our only chance."

"We're going to die. And don't call me Alison!" She hissed.

Jett ignored her and stepped out of the car, unsheathing his long, silver sword. The place was eerily quiet and pretty much deserted; but then again, they were stuck in the very middle of a zombie apocalypse. The human race was almost extinct.

"You see? I heard they shut this place down a couple of years ago. Couldn't be bothered to knock it all down."

Victoria appeared beside him, and out of pure habit he swung his sword around to lodge it into her brain. She quickly reacted and dodged his attack. His face went red when he realized it wasn't a zombie.

"S-sorry..." He stuttered.

"I don't like this place." Victoria spoke quietly to herself, squinting at something in the distance. She made it seem as if Jett hadn't just tried to kill her.

Rose didn't say anything as she stepped out of the car. She swivelled around slowly and took in her surroundings, shaking her head.

"Why didn't you just listen to us?" Rose said in a clearly bored tone. Victoria yawned.

"We can't exactly go back to the house without risking our-

"What did I tell you?" Ivy said, narrowing her eyes at Jett as she walked around the side of the car, followed by Alice, Slate and the twins. They huddled together by the side of the car, scared out of their wits.

"Everyday we risk our lives. Everyday- she paused abruptly for a moment, before saying, "Oh, wait...n-nevermind...I said that to Flynn...." Her eyes went glassy.

"Oh, please don't cry again...." Slate rolled his eyes and Alice smiled at him.

"It's Flynn!" She snapped.

"Let's go before you take it to a full-blown conversation about Flynn." Jett said, swiftly moving across the parking lot with Victoria and Rose following closely behind.

As soon as Jett made it to the front entrance, he paused abruptly and cocked his head to the side. Victoria almost crashed into him.

"Are you coming?" He asked. Alice growled and Slate put a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, let's go Alice...."

Alice crossed her arms. "Fine."

Lani and Lily started to skip ahead of them, and Jett suddenly had a thought.

"Do you two know how to use a gun?"

Victoria shook her head. Rose didn't say or do anything. Jett shrugged.

"I know for sure that Lani and Lily don't know how to use a gun, or any type of weapon in general. Well, maybe a kitchen knife, but that's about it."

"What about Slate and Ivy?"

"Yeah, they know how to use one, but I don't know how they-

"Jett!" Lani tugged on Jett's shirt.

"Yes, Lani?"

"Can we go on some rides?! Please?"

Jett coughed. "I-I'm sorry, Lani, but the rides have been shut down."