Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Maya's POV

*earlier that same day*

"Wheres my violin?" demanded Maya Rochester.

"Holy shiz I'm gonna be late.... Late late late late...... Shona!" She shouted. "Where is my violin?"

Another girl, who seemed to be some years younger than Maya poked her head in the room. Maya, her older sister was attending her 8th year in Weston MS, and was running very very late.

Shona sighed.

"You left it on the sofa, remember?" Mayas face lit up.

"Oh, yeah! Thanks Shona!" Quickly swiping her violin from the sofa in the other room, Maya gave her little sister a quick pat on the head and rushed out the door.

Proceding towards her bus stop, Maya checked the time. 7:40. Shoot, she thought, and sprinted toward her bus stop.

Breathless, she arrived- just as the bus pulled in.

"Sam!" She cried. A boy, with tousled black hair looked her way. He smirked.

"Late as usual, Maya."

Catching up to him, she slaped his arm playfully. "Shut up." she laughed. Together they clambered onto the bus.

Once the two friends settled down in a seat, Maya sighed and leaned her head on the window.

"Soo tired" she moaned. Sam gave her a look.

"Then sleep earlier" he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Maya groaned and turned away from her friend.

"And plus" Sam added,"We're running the mile in gym today, so you better gather up your energy"

************

At school, Maya greeted her best friends Sadie and Morgan.

"Hey!" Sadie called out cheerfully. Maya smiled and joined her friends by Morgans locker.

Sadie, always cheerful and bubbly laughed and said, "You look like you rose from the dead"

Morgan turned around and gasped.

"Whoa Maya, ever heard of combing your hair?" she grinned. Maya rolled her eyes and plopped her backpack in front of her locker.

Packing all her things away, she took out her morning binder.

"Great, now I have Mrs. Right. "

Morgan turned to face Maya.

"Shes not that bad. And besides," she said, grinning. "We have an assembly, or something, so its 7th period first."

Mayas eyes widened.

"Shoot! Thats gym for me. We're running the mile today!"

Sadie laughed. "Tough luck, Maya"

Maya sighed and slammed her locker. Gym actually wasnt that bad for her. Sam would be there, and so would her other friends Karin and Hazy.

Hazy's name wasnt actually "Hazy". Her real name is Hazel, but Maya and Karin call her Hazy.

But another person would also be there. Maya blushed just thinking about him. She shook her head and stood up to join her friends.

"....and thats how I failed the quiz yesterday", she heard Morgan groan besides her.

Maya smiled.

Her friends where the giggly girly type, but she still loved them no matter how weird they sounded to her. After all, the best of friends come together in the strangest ways possible.

***********

After Maya finished changing in Gym, she went out to meet her friends.

Walking to the gym, Maya spotted Sam talking to another boy, with the same tousled hair as Sam, but a dark brown color, with golden strands mixed in. He was short with mesh shorts on and nike sneakers.

Sam turned from their conversation to grin and wave at Maya.

Maya grinned and waved back. When the boy besides Sam turned to look at her, she blushed and turned away.

Oh, god, she thought to herself. That was way too close. She blushed again and slamed right into someone.

Cursing under her breath, she looked up into a pair if kind hazel eyes.

"Hazy!" Maya cried and hugged her friend. Hazy laughed and said, "Watch where you're going there, Maya!"

Hazy turned around and called, "Karin! We're outside remember? We're running the mile!"

A tall asain girl with glasses walked up with Sam at her side.

"We're a group!" Karin cried. "Me, you, Maya and Sam!"

Hazys eyes widened at the news. "We are? For the mile?"

Maya gaped. "We'll never keep up with Sam!"

Sam, back from his earlier conversation, snorted. " You betcha you won't", which earned him a slap on the arm from Hazy.

Hazel Grassman is a strong built girl, tall and kind, with short brown hair and a resemblance of a teddy bear.

Though she is only kind to her friends. So strangers beware.

Karin Han is simialar to Hazel. Even though she has an innocent face, don't antagonize her, as in steal her candy or her cookie. Then your fate is sealed.

Sam Parker, on the other hand is a bit cocky, but everyone has a kind side.

But you should still have your guard up around him.

His friend, Carter Holt is a different story. Short and athletic, smart and kind, Carter isn't that far from perfect, according to Maya. Practically good at every single sport, and is first chair trumpet in band, he instantly earned Mayas attention.

A sharp "Maya!" interrupted her from her thoughts. She looked up. Karin was waving her hand in front if Mayas face.

"You blanked out for a sec. You ok?"

"Yeah" Maya replied. "I'm fine. Now lets go run that mile!"