Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Karin's POV

The one thing about being an asian girl is that people expect you to know everything. You have to be smart, good at piano or some sort of instrument, and sporty to some extent too. And don't forget the signature line, "Hey, did you get straight A's?"

Stereotypes piss the hell out of Karin. Why? Becasue she's usually the total opposite of them.

Straight A's? Nah! More like three B's and four A's. Piano? Karin doesn't even know how to read music. And sporty? Well, her mile time is self explanatory.

So, in other words, Karin isn't your average 'asain girl'.

Yeah. Big whoop for her.

She had normal straight raven black hair and navy blue glasses, a button nose and thin pink lips. The only thing that really threw people off when they looked at Karin were her eyes.

Karin's eyes were a stormy, translucent gray color, similar to those of her mothers. Ever since she attended kindergarten, people would pester her with questions about her eyes, even the teachers.

"Hey Karin, how come your eyes look so funny?"

"Dude, your eyes look transparent, man"

"Are those, like, contacts? Where'd you get them? Do they even come in that color?"

"You know that asain girl with the scary eyes? Yeah, I heard she got 'em from her mum-- meaning that the whole family could be freaks with transparent eyes!"

The person who said the last quote ended up with a black eye. Karin ended up getting expelled.

"That snot nosed b***h deserved that"

That was how Karin found herself in Weston MS, and for the first time, feeling extremley self consious. She kept herself hidden from everyone, hooding her eyes with her dark hair and long lashes.

After the first day, she asked her mom for contacts.

The next week or so went by fine, until one day, she opened her cabinet to find her contacts missing. After an hour of desparate but unsuccesful searching, she arrived at at school, feeling like a naked baby. Little did she know that losing those contacts would probably have been the greatest and best miskate of her life.

While she was rushing to her locker, head bowed down, she crashed into someone, sending her glasses tumbling onto the floor. Scowling, Karin blindly reached out to pick them up, when a hand lay tentativley over hers, sending bolts of electricity down Karin's spine.

"You dropped these"

Startled she looked up, and found her self drowning in a pool of chocolate brown eyes, staring right into her ugly gray ones. She jerked her hand away and stood up, blushing. Way to stay hidden.

The person, or rather, the boy she crashed into stood up too, and held out her glasses. Karin didn't move. She didn't trust him. She squinted her blurry eyes and she peeked out form under her hair to look at the boy she ran into.

He looked about average height, with tousled black hair and a sharp chin, his warm brown eyes boring into her gray ones. He was wearing a simple blue t-shirt and jeans, along with a loose Aeropastal jacket and black Vans. A smile that should probably described as a smirk was plastered onto his face.

"You checkin' me out with those gray eyes of yours, newbie?"

Karin blushed and felt anger course through her veins. Her original scowl deepened and she turned to leave, completely forgetting about her glasses, when someone caught her wrist. She whirled around menacingly.