Chapter 1

Werewolf Coven.

“Where do you think you’re going?” My brother’s acidic voice called to me as I walked down the hallway of the pack house.

He was a tall man, much taller than I was and had short brown hair and evil brown eyes though the women he bedded would beg to differ. He was Beta of the pack, at the ripe age of eighteen and was one of the many in the pack who despised my existence.

“No... Nowhere,” I stammered bracing myself.

“That’s what I thought,” he spat at me before sending a slap at my face. I hit the wall and slid down to the ground, cowering before him.

“Please, stop,” I begged as I felt his foot connected with my stomach, knocking the wind out of me.

“Please, stop,” he mocked raising his eyebrows at me.

I sat there; curled up against the wall and waited for him to stop and when he finally did, I sat there still until the footsteps had faded away and I knew I was alone. Slowly I sat up, feeling the ache in my body and limped into my bedroom and cleaned up the blood coming from my lip.

I sat on the edge of the bath examining my bruised body before standing up to look in the mirror. My skin was pale and the red dripping from my lips made my skin look bleak and ghastly. I had a bruise forming across my cheek and my blonde hair was a knotted mess. My body felt frail and I was slim, but I suppose that was because I barely ate and when I did, I had smaller portions than the rest.

It was better that way, leaving nothing for the pack to criticise about me, though I should have known that it didn’t matter anyway; they would always find something that wasn’t right with me. I was a weak girl who was despised by everyone that surrounded me.

“Where the hell is my food,” the Alpha’s son Kaleb boomed, knocking my bedroom door off of its’ hinges.

“It will be ready in ten minutes,” I whispered meekly, looking at the ground. I was too ashamed to meet his eyes, never mind the fact that I would have been punished if I did. It was Kaleb’s birthday that day and he had been seeking out his mate all day, knowing he could smell her but he hadn’t found her.

It was driving him insane almost to the point where he was stark raving mad. I could feel his glare on me and for a moment, forgot that I wasn’t supposed to look at him. My eyes darted up to take a quick look. No matter how much I tried to keep my eyes averted; my inner consciousness took over. It was hard to keep my eyes away from him for long; he was a very attractive man.

I peeked up from underneath my eyelashes and tried to inconspicuously check him out. He wore faded blue jeans and a loose polo shirt that showed the muscle in his arms. His hair was mussed up brown and his lips a supple pink. He had a strong jaw and a look that screamed rugged and handsome. At last my eyes met his, the green piercing into me as if he were seeing right through into my soul.

I knew it the second my eyes met his. I was his mate and he was mine. For a moment I allowed myself to get lost in his gaze, seeing the undeniable love swirling around within them. I unwilling walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, savouring the feel of having my arms around him. He felt wonderful; like home. This was it, the end of relentless torture from my family.

How could they treat me like that when I would be their alpha female? Kaleb would love me and cherish me and make me feel like the most important female in the world. He had to; it was the way things were supposed to be. We had been chosen for each other for a reason.

“What the hell are you doing,” his voice growled, reverberating in his chest. It felt nice, warm. “Get the hell off of me you filthy mutt.”