1. Palms Springs & Dancing on Tables

• Dedicated to Drellabove.tumblr.com

A.N - This is a sequel to Wasteland for the Teenaged

Before anything, I don't own Pierce the Veil or anything made by them. I own Iris and a few other characters and of course the plot. And yes I know Vic's age is messed up with the time frame.

Vic's POV

Chapter 1 - Palms Springs & Dancing on Tables

*Three and half years later* - 2011

  I stare down at the photo for another countless time, oh how I miss her. It's been a painful three years without her. I ache every time she crosses my mind. Her beautiful smile and sea blue eyes. I'd pay anything just to see her again. She would have loved to hear how well the band is picking up and that we are touring constantly. Her death is a painful small reminder to me of how short life really is. It made me want to soar for my dreams and get back to touring. And I did just that. After the sudden death of Iris, I went back touring with the boys.

  Touring covered up the grief and made me temporally happy - it still does. I can't thank enough for the supporting fans that I never once thought we’d have. It's something I'm truly thankful for and reckon every day. Traveling the world and seeing different places has always been my dream. It's by faith that the band made it this far. And we plan on going farther.

  Ever since A Flair for the Dramatic was released, it's been a non-stop journey. Touring around and new writing for Selfish Machines, which made us become more well-known. We're traveling with bands that I only dreamt of touring with. We've met amazing human-beings and bands along the way. As of now, we plan to have an album out this summer. Which leaves me to where I'm at as of now.

  It's currently December of 2011. I'm on the sofa in the back part of our rather large tour bus. We've been on the road all night to make it back home. Home.

  I haven't been home in so long and neither have the guys. Sometimes, I'm not sure what's home for me anymore. Home has always with her. She made me feel like she was home. She was my home base.

  I'm still in a denial - I finally admit. I still think she's alive. Some things don't add up. Like how Helen told me she saw Iris a day before when I ask her where she was. But really she died in a car accident two weeks before. I try my best not to dwell on it. I haven't paid Helen a visit since then. For all I know she can be dead by now as well.

  I lay the image down on the table to the side of me and pick up my black leather lyric journal. I flip through the pages and land on the current piece that I can't get the right lyrics for. Mike has tried to help with it but yet it lays unfinished in my journal.

I pick up a pencil and tap a steady beat against the paper as I read over and over the lyrics.

"Choke, tried to wash you down with something strong
Dry but the taste of blood remains (of blood remains)
Cold, empty mattresses and falling star
My, how they start to look the same"

"Vic, are you still on that song?" Jaime walks into the back lounge, dress in fitted jeans and a plain white tshirt. He gives me the are-you-seriously-still-on-this look.

I nod my head, and go back to the paper in front of me.

   We just parked out the venue that we'll play at tomorrow. The boys want to go to a strip club a few blocks down the street. Of course, it was Mike's Idea. Strip clubs aren't my scene but the boys have insisted that I go. They've been worrying about me and have been trying to get me to go out and have fun. But I do have fun. Performing is my fun. Even though what they really want is to me to find a girl.