The Runaway Ch. 5

I present to you the fifth chapter of the Runaway!!!! i wrote these chapters a year ago, so i'm trying to make them less bad. hope it's paying off, if not i'm just going to scrap this story and post the other one i'm working on. Enjoy!!!!

     The door swung open and a breeze cool blew in. The man stood in the door way with a sinister smile on his face. He dropped a small potato sack on the ground and stomped over in big boots. He grabbed me by the hair and yanked me up. I let go of a tiny yelp and Devon stood up quick, pushing me back. The man frowned, and then punched Devon in the lower region. Devon gasped and fell in the fetal position. I screamed “No!” and stood in front of him.

“It’s ok. I wouldn’t kill him until you screwed up.” Reassured the man.

“Don’t hurt him, or my parents, please.” I pleaded.

     The man turned away, and didn’t answer. He grabbed the sack and marched back over. He cocked his fist back and I knew what was coming next. He swung at my head and I fell to the floor hard.

“I should just get used to this” I thought as I left consciousness and entered a black world of nothing.

     I woke up in the front seat of a car. The leather was black and warm, and the world seemed to zoom in slow motion. My hand automatically went to my head, were I was surprised that I found an ice pack there. The world slowly returned back to full speed. I looked over and saw him driving. I groaned and looked out the window. We were outside the hospital, in the parking lot.

     “Show time kid. Act like you got hit in the head with a baseball, or I kill your boyfriend. I want you to take a scalpel, or a syringe, or something sharp and stab this man.”

     He showed me a picture of the doctor that was supposed to take care of my ankle. As we walked in I let out a few tears. I walked into the antiseptic smell again. A different nurse was at the desk. She smiled.

“Hi,” I said awkwardly. My voice wasn’t clear, so I coughed. “Umm, me and my dad were playing baseball and I got nailed pretty hard. I blacked out for a few minutes. I just wanted to make sure that my head was okay.”

“Sure let me page the doctor and he’ll be with you in a minute.” She pointed to the same bed, and I slowly walked over.

     Ok Elisa, deep breathing. I can’t do this. I was shaking. I looked up and saw the doctor walking over.

“Hi, my name is Dr. William Higgsby. Have I seen you before?”

“No,” I said a bit too quickly.

“Oh, ok. What seems to be the problem?”

“I was playing baseball with my step dad and got hit in the head. I blacked out.”

“Ok, let me check your head. Yeah, you’ve got quit a big bump on your noggin.” He said as he put on latex gloves. He carefully took my head on his hands.  There was a tray of tools next to me. He touched the knot in my head and I winced.

“Sorry, looks like you may have a concussion. Let me take an catscan of your head so I can get a better look.” He turned his back. I cried to myself a few seconds and took a pair of scissors and stabbed it in the back of his neck. Blood splattered on my face and the floor. I heard him grunt and go limp. I pulled the scissors free and dropped them.

    I slowly walked in front of him. His eyes were open and staring into nothing. His mouth was agape and I closed his mouth and gorgeous blue eyes. I was crying, how could I not? I looked up and the man was smiling at the entrance of the hospital. Rage poured through my veins and wanted the man to have the same fate as the kind doctor on the floor. The curtain shielded the body from view, so nobody saw. I ran to the door and frantically searched for the black BMW. He pulled up and I ran into the front seat. I slammed the door and cursed under my breath.

     I cried all the way to the cabin. I didn’t even know it was possible for me to shed another tear. We pulled up to the dilapidated cabin and I unbuckled my seat belt, and ran into the dank room. I automatically ran to my parents. They cradled me and rocked me until I stopped crying and started shuttering.

     The man pulled the door shut, and locked it. There was a puddle in the corner of the cabin and I crawled to it. I looked into it, and saw a different person. I didn’t recognize the girl staring back at me. My face was blotchy, my hair was wild and out of place, I had dry blood on my face and a weird look in my eye that I had never seen before.

“I never want to kill another person again.” I whispered as I tried to rub the blood off.    

Don't forget to comment at the bottom please!!! i think the next thing i post will probably be the summery for The Angel Runer, the other book i'm working on. if you want to hear it, comment. if not i'll probably post it anyway :)