The Runaway Ch. 7

i present to you the seventh chapter! enjoy   

     I jumped on and made a thud on the floor as I landed. The women jumped up, and with amazing speed, pulled out a pistol and pointed it at my heart. I yelped and held my hands up to show that I meant no harm. She giggled and put the gun down.

“Sorry, uh, who are you?” she asked, anticipation on her face.

“Uh, I’m Elisa. Sorry, I thought this was my boat. I’ve been searching forever. Do you think I could sit down for a few minutes?”

     She smiled and pointed to a seat across from her.

“Sure, take a load off.” She replied happily. She was so nice. Why would any one want to kill her? She reached into the cooler and brought out a beer. She nodded it towards me.

“No thanks, I don’t drink.” I lied. She shrugged and put it back in the cooler.

“So, when was the last time you saw your boat?” she asked.

“About an hour ago. It looks like this one, but it has an American flag on the bow.”

“I haven’t seen anything like that. Do you want my cell?”

“I don’t think the service works out here.” I said.

I heard a ding in the cabin and I jumped.

“One sec, Mac and Cheese is done.” She smiled and disappeared in the cabin. I sighed and looked around. The gun wouldn’t work, to loud. I searched under the seats and in the cooler. I moved the beer out of the way, and a kitchen knife was at the bottom. Was this women on the most wanted list? I wouldn’t want to be on her bad side, I thought. I quickly picked it up, closed the cooler, dried my hand, and sat down. I sat on the knife, the handle just poking out. She finally emerged with a steaming bowl of Mac and Cheese. She sat down and dug in.

“Do you want some?” she asked with her mouth full. This was it.

“Sure, if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all.” I walked over.

“Let me go get another spoon.” She said and disappeared in the cabin again.

     What did this guy have against nice people? A minute later she came out with a spoon. She turned around to close the door. I silently walked over and put the knife to her throat.

“I’m sorry” I whispered. She whimpered as I slashed the knife clean across her throat. She fell with a thud. I walked to the back of the boat and chucked the knife into the water. I jumped into the water and ran all the way back to the beach, the blood washing off like tears from my body.

     The man was waiting there sitting on the beach. He smiled and got into his car and started it. I opened the door and he threw a towel at my face. I took and dried myself with it. About 45 minutes later we arrived at the cabin. I unbuckled and got out slamming the car door in the process. Fuming with unimaginable anger and regret, I stalking into the cabin.

“See you tomorrow.” He said creepily and shut the cabin door and locked it. The sun was in the middle of the sky, it was probably noon. My parents were in the middle of the small room, talking. Devon was in the corner, coughing. He stopped as soon as he saw me and smiled. I limped over and sat down next to him.

“Your ankle isn’t looking good.” He said.

“It hurts, but I think I’ll be fine.” Even I could hear the doubt in my voice.

     To tell the truth, my ankle was stinging, and all around it was purple, besides at the opening. At the opening it started turning black which couldn’t have been a good thing. He looked at me and scooted over to my ankle. He looked at it and frowned.

“I’ll be right back.” He said. He walked to my parents and whispered something to them. My mom looked worried and my dad looked concerned. My dad walked over and looked at the ankle.

“We need to get you to a doctor. It’s getting badly infected.”

“But I killed the doctor.” I said recalling his sightless blue eyes.

“There has to be more then one doctor in Michigan.” Devon replied.

     The squeak from the loud speaker came and the mans tired voice came on.

“I’ll take Elisa to a doctor tomorrow. You’ll just have to wait.”

“Take her now!” Devon demanded.

“Oh, Devon,” he cringed when the man said his name. “If you don’t keep quit, Elisa won’t have any one to hold hands with. That would be a shame.” Devon had a look of anger on his face. I was upset knowing that he was probably watching us every minute, pretending this was some cruel drama show.

     The squeak came again and the man’s voice was gone.

“Thanks.” I said to Devon. The rest of the day my parents talked in the corner, and me and Devon laid side by side watching the clouds move, and the sun set from the whole in the ceiling. We talked about favorite trips, best pet to have, and what we wanted to do if we got out of here. We watched the stars and the moon, and listened to the even breathing of my parents. ‘I would finally fix my ankle’ I thought. I smiled and drifted into the comforting arms of sleep.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment down below