Chapter Fifteen - It feels like it's all at once

AN: sorry it's so short and long over due but i got a little caught up in my other story...anyway here it is....vote, comment and enjoy!

***

Chapter fifteen – it feels like it's all at once

I think I ran for hours. I had no point in destination, I needed to find her. I looked everywhere I thought of, I even went to Jennifer's house. I knocked on her door loudly praying she would answer immediately.

'god, Scott what are you doing here? It's nearly night time' Jennifer said yawning once.

'have you seen Kat?'

'no, why? What happened?' she asked looking alarmed.

'she ran away'

'she ran away? Oh dear...'

'what? What is it?'

'she talked to me about it...' she said avoiding my eyes. I stepped forward trying to get her to look at me but she didn't.

'about what?'

'about her and...You'

'what about us?'

'look Scott it's complicated and I don't really want to be the one to say it'

'say what? Jennifer, please' I begged, only one thing in mind. Katherine.

'she wrote you the letter, yes?'

'how did you know?'

'she has been drooling on about it, only for the past week but I never thought she'd actually do it, Scott'

'she planned this?'

'I guess it was kind of a split decision'

'but why? We just...' I asked looking confused but she returned with a sympathetic look.

'I'm sorry, Scott but she wanted so much to trust you but she couldn't. I mean cut her some slack, her parents skipped out on her, basically everyone has left her and growing up like that, Scott, it does things to you. It makes you think no one wants you-'

'I want her. Jennifer I think I've wanted her all along I just didn't realise it. I finally got her and now she's leaving me' I growled and she shook her head.

'I know, Scott. Trust me I know-'

'and you and Wes huh?' I asked randomly and she sucked in a sharp breath, her hand flying to her stomach.

'she told you?' she whispered and I nodded, trying to forget the pain that was ripping my heart slowly a part.

'I...I...and you're pregnant right?'

'oh god, I haven't even told Wes yet' she cried her knees buckling a little. She leaned against the wall for support.

'are okay? You look kind of pale' I asked worried, leaning forward I steadied her. She nodded holding her lip in her mouth tightly.

'I'm fine...I've just been throwing up a fair amount-'

'Jennifer that isn't good, isn't it?'

'it's fine...I'll be fine, just sickness. Every pregnant person gets it'

'god everything is going down the shit hole' I muttered banging my head on the door once.

'no it's not. Look Kat just needs space-'

'she can't Jennifer! I can't let her go not like this...you have no idea what it's like. The things that girl has seen is worse than I thought. Her family...it was torn from her...I can't help but love her even more because of how tough she's being. Jennifer she has to break, she's bound to. No person can last this long without it affecting them'