Chapter Ten - Why do you do this to yourself?

AN: yesterday i completely blanked, so that's why nothing was updated. i finally got onto the pc this morning, stared at the blank page. it sucked major time. then i went and had something to eat while watching 17 again. just so we know zac efron is yummmmmmy!!! but here i am finally with the inspiration to write but right now i'm off to finish watching diary of a whimpy kid 2!! haha i'm in the movie mood but not the writing mood. it sucks i know. maybe another chapter but i cant promise anything. tomorrow i have work until four then the movies at six. i may squeeze in some time for writing but other than that two chapters tops today. sorry..

***

Chapter ten – why do you do this to yourself?

Katherine's POV

As soon as my shift was finished I was outta there. I grabbed my bag and started the walk towards the cemetery. It was the only thing I could think about for the last two hours. My brothers. After my conversation with Scott about hating my mum so much I wanted to tell him but it definitely wasn't the right time.

When was the right time going to be here? Would it ever be here? I sighed clutching onto my bag tightly. I reached the cemetery after some time. I slowly walked through the sections looking at all the names.

I almost never did that. It scared me. To think so many people had died. To think there was an ending to all this. I broke down crying before I even reached the tombstone I wanted to see. I fell to my knees before them. They looked at me smiling as if taunting me.

'why? Why now?' I grumbled slumping to the ground even further.

Why did Scott want me now? Why now? Why not days ago? Why not weeks ago? Why not years ago? Why now!

Scott wanted me to trust him before I gave myself to him. I wanted to ignore the warm feeling I got from him touching me, I wanted to pretend I didn't want Scott back but it was hard. Even standing in a ten mile radius of him I was warm and fuzzy feeling.

Maybe Scott only wanted to sleep with me.

Yes that had to be it. He could get any girl he wanted. Maybe he was being different or made himself a challenge. A personal challenge to sleep with me.

That had to be it. I looked up in the blink of a second. I looked at my brothers smiling faces. I never wanted to tell him. I couldn't trust him. What if he was using me and getting information from me? I don't think I could live with myself if someone else's broke my heart too.

The tears stopped and I started at the names engraved on the stone. My once happy life was behind me and I just had to deal with it. I needed to get over it. I needed to move on and not with Scott. I never wanted to talk to him again.

I stood up wiping my face aggressively. I gulped hard as I walked back out the cemetery and across the road to the bottle-o. I stalked up to the nearest customer. Maybe he would buy me alcohol. Anything to rid myself of this horrible pain. Anything to make me forget Scott for one hour. Anything!

Mary's POV

(Mary is Scott's mum)

I walked inside my home to find it empty. Where were Scott and Kat? Maybe they were with friends. I sighed dumping my bags onto my bed. I walked back to the kitchen quietly and noticed a figure sleeping in Scott's bed. I peeked inside to find Scott sprawled out on the bed.

Well now where was Kat?

I sighed heading to the kitchen to start the quiche I had planned. Kat was a nice girl but something was terribly wrong with her. I cared for her now. A little more than I should have. I couldn't help myself.