tsap

Xu Minghao

To: Vernon
Vernon i'm so sorry ohmygod. I was with Jun at that time and it slipped of my mind. I'm really sorry that I just read your text now. I'm sorry as well that I didn't get to personally greet you before you go back. I know by the time you'll read this, you're now in L.A. I'm really sorry Vernon. I really owe you a lot now.

Stay safe there while you're in L.A. and don't forget about us! Let's go out once you come back okay?

~

"Yah!"

"Yah!" Chan and I said in unison when we met by the school gate. We both sound a little pissed.

"Why didn't you told me that Vernon was leaving yesterday?" I asked with a tone.

"I told you to read the text from Vernon yesterday and I even said that it was urgent." He shot back.

"You could've told me directly."

"He haven't mentioned it yet when I told you about the text! You could have spare a second off your boyfriend to see the text message!" He shouted, clearly annoyed.

"It's not his fault."

"Obviously, it's yours." I didn't have anything else to say. I know he was right. I know he mentioned the text yesterday and I forgot it.

"I knew you wouldn't come to the airport anyways. You're too busy with Jun that you can't even give a time to bid your friend goodbye." He let out a disappointed sigh.

"Don't worry, I said a goodbye in your behalf and he's not mad. Just talk to him when he landed or when you have the time or something." He finished before walking towards the school door.

Goddammit Minghao. All you have to do is check a text then visit the airport. It's not that hard. Now Chan is mad at you.

I know where I went wrong, I know it very well. I was a bad friend. I couldn't put my priorites straight. Just because Jun was there, I completely forgot everything else. Because of that, I wasn't able to bid my friend goodbye.

I let out a sigh, heading towards the door before I become late.

(After school)

"Chan!" I shouted across the hallway when I spotted him walking out the door.

"Wait for me!" I continued. I ran towards him where he greeted me with a hey, still avoiding my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I know I was a bad friend for blaming you and for not listening to what you said. I messed up big time and I just realized that now. Forgive me?" I said, unsure if  I chose the right words to say.

"You know I would never be mad at you. You're my bestfriend. I'm just a little disappointed because you still blame it on me when it was your fault."

"So we're good now?"

"Never been better." That's a relief. I'm really lucky to have him as a bestfriend. He listen to my nonstop rants, he take care of me, he makes me laugh when I cry, and he forgives me easily as if nothing happened. I took Chan for granted and I don't want that to happen anymore. Chan is rare and losing him will tear my world apart.

"Since we're good, join us later?" I invited.

"Hmm? With whom?"

"Jun, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Hoshi and his boyfriend."

"A triple date?"

"More like friends hanging out." I clarified.

"Nah, i'll pass."