แปด

I opened the door and saw P'Pha.

I tried not to look surprised, like i didn't care that he was at my house at 10:30 in the evening.

"Woah! You're dressed to see me?" He said smiling, trying to make a joke. I stepped out the doorway and onto the street facing the door. I put the key in and said, "No, i'm actually going somewhere." then i locked the door.

I started walking away from him and towards the main road where i'd meet P'Forth to pick me up. He followed.

"Yo, are you ignoring me?" He said, pulling at my wrist turning me around and into him.

I pushed myself off him and said, "No, i'm not. I have somewhere to be." then turned around and kept walking.

"Just tell me what's wrong." He said which angered me.

"Don't act like you don't know." I said walking ahead of him while he was right behind me.

"Yo, i can explain." He said, but suddenly i saw P'Forth's car approaching and pulling up to the curb.

"Too late." I said, looking back at him. He was standing there, anger flashed his face. I turned around when P'Forth pulled down the window and said, "Come on, Yo!" with a smile.

I got inside the car, greeted him and looked out the window to see if P'Pha was still there. He wasn't.

The entire drive was picking up his friends and to the club. I was bothered by P'Pha, he ruined my entire night because i knew i'd be thinking about him, like he didn't know he stood me up. I was lost in thought when P'Forth smacked my thigh lightly, "You okay, bud?" He said. I smiled, "Yes, pal!" it was a little inside joke P'Forth and i had when we got drunk.

We finally parked and entered the club. Music blaring, beautiful bodies dancing to the insanely loud music. Love and alcohol being mixed. P'Forth got us a VIP section where we all mingled, drank and splurged words. It felt fun. In the moment being intoxicated not necessarily caring about what's happening, we were lost in the moment.

The VIP section was getting crowded with random people. P'Forth and his friends pulled from downstairs, apparently P'Forth was pretty famous in town. A girl shoved onto me, i apologized and all she did was fall over onto a couch like seat and babble random things.

I decided to head downstairs to maybe feel a better and more exciting vibe on the dance floor. But before i placed my two left foot to work, i decided to have a few more shots so that i wouldn't feel the embarrassment if my dance got worse.

Three shots later and i was somewhere centered in the dance floor, grinding on some guy. He was attractive, tall and seemed not to be bothered with my inexperience of clubbing.

He placed his head in the crook of my neck, his hands on my waist saying, "Hey, baby! Let's take this back to myself." and then grinded on me. I felt like i was giving the wrong message so i turned around and said, "No thank you." Attempting to walk away, "Hey dumb bitch, you think you're too pretty" He said, spitting at me then grabbing the girl next to him and started making out. What?! Did he just called me pretty, spat on me and then grab another person? I walked off, did that girl seriously not see what just happened? I was appalled by the situation that i thought it was time for me to leave.

I went over to the bartender to ask him to call a cab. While he was calling, i looked over to my left seeing people dancing, drinking, making out and then to my right where i saw P'Pha.

He was with some skinny brown haired girl, pushing her against the wall near the exit door, making out.

Looking at the situation i couldn't take my eyes off them. The bartender then called me and said, "Sir, they'll be out front in five." I nodded, said my thanks and pulled my gaze of P'Pha and his new girl then walked out the club to waiting for the cab.

The cab took me home. After showering, i hopped onto the couch of the living room and stared at the ceiling. Does P'Pha make out with every girl? He seems to get girls easy; the blonde chick, tonight's chick, and the two girls from the restaurant with his buddies. It bothered me a lot. Does he play with people? Don't get me wrong, i'm not assuming that he's hitting on me. Maybe he's like that, maybe he's just being 'friendly' to everyone. I shook my head and told myself i didn't need any of that. I knew what i went through in high school and i don't need it to be repeated by P'Pha.

Flashback

I starred at the phone screen seeing the comments about me on twitter, "Those pearly white skin.. i wanna devour him", "He's such a whore", "Can he get any sluttier?", "I fucked him behind the football field." Tears flew down my face as i starred at my friend's phone.

"I'm sorry, i told you i didn't wanna show you. Ai'Yo it's gonna be okay, they're all jerks. They won't get any where in life." He said, pulling me into a hug. "Please don't listen to them, you're not a slut, you know that." I couldn't control my breath from my tears and held onto my friend as i cried into his shoulder.

End of Flashback

No. I'd never let myself get to that place again. Lowest point in my life. I don't wanna be another guy, another number, another easy slut. I closed my eyes and put my hands on my face. Nothing could be worse than what high school did to me.

As much as i want to control myself about P'Pha, he was attractive and his personality was charming- he was hard not to think about.. like the hot guy you have a crush on at school. Just because P'Pha was making out with two girls doesn't mean anything? Right? Was i judging him? He can do whatever he wants, i hardly know him.

I hardly know him. I hardly know him is all i kept telling myself, so why can't i get him off my mind? He wasn't a bad guy except of course for standing me up. He didn't do anything bad to me that was terrible. Maybe he just didn't want to hang out that day. But why was he making out with the blonde girl a couple of hours later? I began to frustrate myself with pointless thoughts about P'Pha.

"Get over it, Yo." I said to myself.