เจ็ด

I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder blaring outside. The heavy rain was scary but comforting. I decided to take a shower and head down to town this afternoon.

After taking everything minute by minute, fixing my bed, tidying up, taking a shower and preparing breakfast for myself, i sat alone in front of the table.

I felt silence. Normally in our house it would be loud. My mother putting loads of meal out for breakfast, my sister arguing with me for which seat to take, and my father and his daily lectures or sometimes on the phone with his business partners.

But now i sat alone, at a two seat table. Though i missed them terribly, the new found silence and being alone was very relaxing. I didn't have to worry if i accidentally say something the would piss my father off. I didn't have to worry about what time to wake up. I'm finally doing things at my own pace.

After i finished my breakfast, i got dressed and headed out walking to the town center with an umbrella with me due to the leftover drizzle from the thunderstorm.

My mother would kill me if she'd known i was outside during the rain. But i felt rebellious. I finally did something where i didn't have to worry about my parents catching me even though i still had it in the back of my mind that they'd freak if they saw me. This alone me was feeling good.

I didn't avoid the puddles rather i stepped on purposely. I began loving the rain more and more everyday.

I was getting close to the town center where the sun was shining just a tad from the cloudy gray sky. Nearing the Main Street was the shops and boutiques. I entered a boutique which was beyond expensive quickly exited once i saw the price tag of a plain white shirt.

My parents aren't supporting me financially because they did not approve of my decision. So since freshmen year of high school i saved and saved and worked two jobs, telling my parents it was for college. I saved every penny but even that wasn't enough. The move was going to be expensive and i knew that.

One day in art class, which i was forced to take by my guidance counselor because she felt i was overloading myself with the advanced placement classes, that is why she thought of giving me breath of fresh air -- a fun class.

My art teacher spoke about having a competition. I never really thought artists judged art works, i thought everyone liked it even if it was so wonderful. But i was wrong, there were so much more into that. She spoke about how one of her students, two years ago, won a prize for her self portrait. The student got an award of $10,000 which was presented to her by Meryl Streep. I felt like i needed that, it was a quick money. I just needed to make the artwork look perfect.

My first art piece was a disaster. I didn't know what i was doing. I wasn't accepted in to the national competition, that's why i pushed myself to work harder. After a couple of denied pieces i was finally accepted but only got the 3rd place with an award of $1000. It wasn't much but i knew now what the judges are looking for. Everyday i did something and looked for everything that could inspire me, that's when i finally started winning. I won 2nd place for a couple of times ($5000) and then i finally won the 1st place in my sophomore year in high school. Junior and Senior year i worked and worked and won 1st place of every competition. And that is how i got by with the cash.

My parents were devastated when i told them a week before i moved that i was leaving them. They thought i was joking at first but soon realized i was dead serious. I told them that i saved all my money up so that i could come to Ireland and become me. My father blamed my mother for raising such a horrible child, he told her that she should have watched me well and that she should have known what i was doing. He always blamed her and i hated it.

I walked into a bookstore again where i saw a line of girls standing at the center of the store, apparently for a book signing. I walked past them to see how the person was but they looked unknown, i didn't recognized the book either.

The bookstore on the outside looked tiny but inside it was enormous, three levels and a whole bunch of space. I went to the third level to pick a book and read. I went upstairs and noticed a college lounge kind of level. I walked around a noticed a flyer that says "accepting students for free coffee and homework help." i feel like shit. I was probably the only kid in the world who loves school. Weird or not, but i loved learning. I wasn't the best though, i only get the average grades in my advanced classes but i just love listening to random intellectual topics.

I pulled the first book off the right handed shelf and noticed, "The Fault In Our Stars by John Green" on it and purchased the book. Walking out the bookstore i went through several stores browsing and such. I entered a store which was filled with musical instruments. I wouldn't call myself a musician for i only little bit on playing a piano. I looked around and there were guitars hanging on the wall, records that are displayed, and a loud music playing. The vibe here was amazing.

As i bent over to pull a record out from the bottom shelf, i pushed really hard only to fall over and hit my head on the shelf. Rubbing my head i felt a huge pain and dizziness, it was a rough push.

I looked around but there was no one near me. I felt weird, did i fall? I knew i wasn't crazy, i was pushed but i don't see anyone. So i just walked out of the store, still rubbing my head and trying to gather my sanity.

Someone started yelling from behind me, "Hey! Hey! Are you Wayo?" The person asked as i turn around, that person was already being tackled by P'Pha.

I pulled from their direction and decided to keep walking. I didn't want to see P'Pha even though i really did. I didn't because it felt horrible knowing you were stood up.

"Hey! Where ya' going?!!" The other guy called, hearing P'Pha telling him to shut up.

I walked across the street and down to some allies to avoid P'Pha and his friend, and that's when i bumped into P'Forth and his friends.

"Nong Yo!" P'Forth said as he pulled me into a hug.

"P'!" I said. His hugs felt like i'd known him for ages.

"What's up? What are you doing tonight? We should go out to Pure tonight, we're all meeting up there at 11." He said, pointing to his couple of his friends. I was introduced to all of them and we all went to dinner before we meet up at the night club.

The dinner was good, a simple Italian restaurant. P'Forth's friends were really welcoming, they gave me all their numbers, i wasn't feeling alone for a moment.

I went home to change. I knew it was a bad thing going to a club because it wasn't my scene, it wasn't me but i wanted to go. I thought to myself, how am i supposed to meet other people if i'm stuck here in this house all day.

I was soon finished changing and ready to go out when my door bell rang. Who could that be?

I opened the door and saw P'Pha.