fun (1)

Warning: mature language and scenes
third person
word count: 3,533
12:04 am | flash is central city's hero and
you are his rival — and his weakness seems
to be very, very bad girls

You kicked the vent open with your heel, twisting the laser pen in your hands. It made a crashing sound, and you got down on your knees. You fit inside easily, your small frame helped you navigate carefully. When your device beeped, you knew you were right above where you needed to be. You took a deep breath before ramming your knee into the metal. Voices underneath you got louder.

A second kick broke the vent underneath you, and you fell through the ceiling. You caught the edge of the vent, lowering yourself slowly onto your feet. You smiled darkly, scanning the room around you.

Your target was the storage unit for a neighboring city's iron corporation. They kept thousands of dollars worth of platinum, titanium, diamonds, iron, .925 silver, and gold in the outskirts of Central City. You wanted some of their materials for better weapons and some just for yourself.

If you were asked why you did what you did, your answer would be quite simple: it was fun. It was fun to be bad, it was fun to feel that adrenaline rush.

The room around you erupted in cries for the exit, and you pressed a button on your phone. The whole storage unit lit up in red lights, and the doors locked with them.

You smiled to yourself again.

"Good evening, everyone!" You exclaimed loudly. Terrified expressions were your answer. "Anyone want me to point me in the direction of some good titanium?"

No one answered. You rolled your eyes before you grabbed a small baton from your belt. You circled the room, chanting, "Duck, duck, duck . . ." Your baton landed on a young woman's shoulder, her blonde hair accentuating her features beautifully. "Goose."

Her eyes went wide, and you grabbed her hand. You spun her in a circle before using the baton to put her in a headlock. She scratched at you, having trouble breathing.

"Stop! Stop!" Voices cried.

"Now, does anyone wanna tell me where the titanium is?" You asked. The woman clawed at you, and you held her neck tighter. Her face was turning pale. "I'm growing a little impatient."

The woman pointed to a small door to your left, and you raised your eyebrows. You let her go, but not before slipping a small device around her neck. It closed around her, and the device began beeping.

"Are you sure this is it?" You asked playfully. She clawed at her neck.

"Wait! Wait . . ." she whispered before you pushed the door open. She then pointed to the door on your right.

"You lied to me?" You gasped sarcastically. The woman shook in her place, tugging at the device. "Are you sure this is the door?"

You nodded. "Okay, I believe you," you said before pressing the detonator. The device sent a shock, and the woman fell onto her side, knocked out. The employees moved out of your way before you kicked the door open, seeing boxes sealed with serial numbers along the labels. You ran your hands over them, examining them carefully.