20. The escape plan

Elena's POV

The second I woke up I felt a foul, disgusting stench erode into my nose and block out my sense of smell making me almost throw up and feel sick to my core. I looked around me only to see I was still stuck in the same small shabby looking room with enough oxygen plus it had been a while since I last drank fresh blood so right now my heart hurt a lot and my blood felt like it was burning through my skin and seeping out.

My vision was rather blurred and I'm pretty sure my body had numbed itself out because it was so cold and lifeless by now; being stuck in a cell for almost twelve hours in the same position unable to move will do that to you.

Suddenly, I heard the door open so I decided to shut my eyes closed completely as food was thrown to my feet and lightly slammed into my shin. That's another disadvantage; my senses aren't as strong as they should be because I was so weak due to the huge amount of blood loss I had suffered and also because of the vervain constantly burning my wrists and pouring its' poison inside of me.

"I know you're awake so eat up." A rough masculine voice commanded me.

"I'm not awake, I'm asleep." I replied stupidly only to earn a chuckle instead of one of Luke's previous harsh slaps or life threatening punches to my stomach.

"You know, for a prisoner you sure have good sense of humor left." The male continued to speak and sat beside me patting my shoulder. I opened my eyes slowly only to see before me was a cup a quarter full of blood and along with that a warm plate of pasta; it looked so delicious that I could see the steam come off it and smell the delicious pasta sauce invade my nose and travel inside my body filling the void in my stomach.

"How do I know you haven't poisoned it?" I asked grabbing the plate and inhaling the smell until my mouth began to dribble a little at the side and my lips quivered at the sight of the beautiful, glorious, lush blood that was asking me to drink it.

"Luke needs you so you kind of have to stay alive." The male beside me chuckled and leaned forward to grab the cup of blood and handed it over to me until I quickly snatched it from him and gulped it all down in one sip.

It was enough to make me last for another six hours but I needed so much more; I needed fresh pure blood which I don't think I was going to be getting anytime soon. I grabbed the plate and began to eat the pasta with my bare hands to fill up my hungry and starving body which was in pain for the last twelve hours and this food would at least reduce that by half thankfully.

"I have never seen a girl eat that messily." He chuckled once again. "I think-"

"Well, I think if you starved someone from food for twelve hours who loves food and deprive a vampire from blood for twelve hours who loves blood then you're bound to get someone who will gobble up all the food and eat like a pig." I interrupted him and looked at him my vision clearing up slightly and fixing itself up.

"Wow. You sure are ... different." He chuckled.

"Mhm mm hmm." I tried to speak but I realized my mouth was stuffed full of food and I'm pretty sure I accidentally spat a few pieces of pasta in the poor guy's face. I quickly chewed the food up before swallowing it and clearing my throat to speak up again only this time without the food being lodged into my throat. "So do you."

"How so?" He asked confused.

"First off..." I sat upright and pushed the cup and plate away from me before looking at the male next to properly. He had dark tanned skin, brown hair and mysterious brown eyes. Instantly, I remembered him as being the guy who chained me up to this wall in the first place and was the one who tied me in silver handcuffs so that only would the vervain make my wrists feel a lot of pain burn but the vervain would stop me from healing.