3. The Tour

"Now then I've showed you everywhere but we have my parents', Callum's and Jem's rooms left." Alex explained trying to tick off the rooms we had and hadn't gone to mentally. "They're all fairly close to each other so it shouldn't be too long unless you continue whinging in which case I'll be stuck giving you this tour till I turn a hundred."

"Who's Jem?" I asked curiously realizing he had mentioned a girl's name and by the way he said her name I'm guessing she meant something to him. I was definitely not myself, he had just insulted me and the only thing i had chosen to hear was a girl's name who he had said.

"The best girl in my life." He replied half smiling and half smirking as if he was deliberately trying to make me jealous. "She's is a heck of a lot better than you, that's for sure."

"Oh." I sighed looking down and I guess his plan was working because I instantly felt my heart drop and felt disappointed. "Well, any guy is better than you."

Wait what?

I had known this guy for two days maybe three and 'my heart dropped'. What the hell was happening to me? Maybe I just thought he was attractive, that's all. I didn't see anything else in him, I mean who would like the guy who took their whole life and family away from them? No one! So why was I feeling these sudden emotions and feelings. I think i had been drugged because this was definitely not like me, either that or I was PMSing big time.

"Here we go." He knocked on a red door standing straight and very presentable. 

"I'm sleeping, please come later. You're a very nice person whoever you are but go away." She replied in a rather quiet voice. She had that sweet angelic voice that was soothing and caring and I could already tell she would be nothing like Alex and would be kind hearted and sweet. "I can still sense you, please bug off."

"It's me ... Alex." With just three words you could hear objects being thrown about inside and the sound of feet shuffling very very fat across a carpet.

The door got flung open and a girl flung herself at Alex, wrapping her arms around Alex's neck. She looked around sixteen, she had bleached blonde hair and had perfectly tanned skin. She had a hour glass figure and her figure was amazing. Her eyes were a light orange sunset colour, a shade that was rare and I'm guessing meant that so was this girl who was standing before me.

My mom always taught me that people with rare features were the ones we had to look out for and protect because God had made them rare for a reason and made them stand out for a reason. On that thought, tears began to build up in my eyes but I quickly closed my eyes slamming down the gate for any tears to escape. God, I just wanted to see my mom one last time and say a proper goodbye to her. One where I could just hug her and stay with her for life. Who knew I would even miss arguing with my mum?

"I missed you soo much. I haven't seen you in nearly two years." She playfully punched his shoulder then she looked at me and she smiled so bright as if she ahd just met a celebrity or a long lost sibling.

"You must be Elena, the girl in the prophecy?" She asked me  with a very perky voice now and looked at me, every second her smile getting bigger and more prettier.

"Yes, I am." I replied blushing slightly that she seemed fond of me.

"I'm Jem, Alex's little sister." She explained, a sigh of relief suddenly escaped my lips. I had no idea where that came from but I guess I didn't want to watch my 'master' have a girlfriend while I did work and labour for what was to be the rest of my life now. I mean imagine walking in on your boss doing something that should be rated R. Ewh, that was one scene i did not want to unfold before my eyes.

"It's nice meeting you." I shook her hand gently. "It seems as though Alex is the only one in the family who's not beautiful or good looking. I wonder who's genes he got." I slyly commented. "Nasty genes, ugh."