11. My encounter with him . . .

Elena's POV

"Alex, it's not what it looks like." I pleaded. I was lying to myself as well as him. It was exactly what it looked like. I couldn't control my hormones and I led two guys on unsure of which I liked. How could I have been so stupid?

"Looks like you were kissing another guy behind my back. Did I get it wrong?" He asked sarcastically. "Oh wait, maybe Carol forced you guys together?"

"Please listen." I pleaded once more. "Let me explain."

"You know what forget it, work starts at nine tomorrow. Be ready because I don't want to deal with anymore of your bullshit in my life." And with that he walked off. I could feel the tears building up and waiting to pour down like a waterfall. As soon as I blinked he had vanished. I had just made a huge mistake but what was worse I didn't feel like the kiss was one just the consequences of it. I needed to control myself and make sure I did not repeat anything like this again. Alex may have been a jerk when I first met him and a total idiot but he had my back on more than one occasion and that went to show he did care. He just didn't want to show it because he knew it'd hurt him.

I could feel a warm arm wrap itself around my waist and pull me close towards them.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." Trevor tried to calm me down as he made small circles on my waist with his thumb to try and stop me from having a panic attack.

"No it won't. He just saw his best friend kiss his . . ." I was stuck on what to say. What was I to him? Yeah, he always backed me up and stood up for me but he never mentioned if we had anything between us. What if we did not have anything between us and I was an ordinary girl to him? "... Kiss his slave."

"His crush. His love. The girl he likes." Trevor finished off for me.

"I doubt that." I mumbled and allowed even more tears to flow. I sure as heck did not want anyone to see me weak and at my lowest but I was sort of glad that Trevor had seen it and not someone else because my life would have gotten so much worse.

"Hey, trust me. He'll be fine." Trevor tried once more. "It's just it was a shock and surprise to him and he didn't expect to see us . . . urm . . ."

"Kissing." I finished off for him.

"Exactly. I am really sorry if I have caused a feud or problem to you both." He mumbled to himself. "I should have never done that. You're right he's my best mate and I repay him by going behind his back."

"No its fine. Seriously. I mean, you can't help what you feel right?" I blabbered not realising what on earth was escaping my lips and being spoken. "You like something, you do things. It's called feelings for a reason right. We don't control them they just .. happen."

"Thanks." He thanked me.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For not being annoyed at me for . . . that . . . feeling thingy moment . . . for not venting out on me for causing a new problem between you two." He said looking down hurt and sad. "The last thing I would have wanted was for Alex to hate me but more importantly to hate you."

I walked up to him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Trevor, you must be the sweetest guy I have ever met." I smiled and pecked his cheek and he brushed away my tears. "Don't beat yourself up over it, we'll fix this, sort of. Hopefully we will anyways."

"Now don't cry. I'll sort this little problem out." He suggested. "I'll deal with it."

"How?" I asked bewildered.

"I've known Alex since we were kids, i know what he loves and hates and all I have to do is do a lot of paperwork and free up a day of his so he can have no meetings and nothing. You just rest and go to sleep. You've had a rough and tough day." He explained.