Butterfly

Taehyung's legs are shaky as he enters the marshalling area, taking a seat behind lane 2. His heart is still beating fast, and he's not sure if it's nerves or because of Jungkook.

So many thoughts run through the boys head, his cheeks tinted red when he thinks about the previous events.

And how careless he was. He let Jungkook... jack him off...where anyone could have walked off to and saw. He'll have to yell at the boy later but right now he's thankful the boy distracted him before the race.

But now, Taehyung sits in his chair, Yoongi sitting in a chair two lanes away.

Sure Taehyung beat Yoongi in free last competition. But butterfly is different. Yoongi has always been good at it. Better at it.

"Boys 15+ butterfly, heat 1." The announcer calls out and Taehyung watches the boy in front of him head to the block. Taehyung is in heat 2, luckily. If he was in heat 3, he would for sure lose against everyone.

Instead of sitting, Taehyung gets up from the chair and decides to stretch.

First he stretches his arms, his shoulders and neck. Then he does his legs, calves and rolls his ankles just to get extra warmed up.

His eyes wander around the pool, to the bleachers where many people sit.

Including his coach, who stands out more than anyone else in the crowd.

Jungkook isn't on the bleachers, but rather crouching in front of them, closer to the pool than everyone else. He has the best view of the race, which makes Taehyung a little nervous.

As Taehyung continues to look at the lifeguard, they're eyes suddenly meet. Taehyung gulps, noticing Jungkook suddenly staring at him with a warm smile.

It's not his coach. Now, it's just the boy that he likes.

Jungkook gives him a thumbs up, nodding his head as if telling Taehyung it's going to be okay. Taehyung smiles.

"Boys 15+ butterfly, heat 2."

Taehyung breaks eye contact with Jungkook, only to make his way to the block, trying to forget about his shaky legs and dry throat.

He puts on his goggles, struggling a little when his hands also begin to shake. And Taehyung knows that he has to clam down. Because no one ever swims well when they're this nervous.

So as Taehyung lined up with the rest of the swimmers, waiting for the whistle, he closes his eyes and takes deep breaths.

It's just a race. You've been racing every week, no one will judge you. But Kim Taehyung, you better win against that grumpy asshole.

The whistle goes, signaling for the boys to get onto the block. Taehyung gets on securely, standing up once he's balanced and positioning his body for a dive.

"Swimmers take your marks..."

Remember all that Jungkook taught you. About breathing and body formation.

"Pow."

Taehyung's instincts kick in as he's the first to push off the block, landing in the water a mili-second faster than everyone else.

The cold water hits his body like a wake up call. Taehyung starts his stream line, moving his body smoothly like he'd shown Jungkook outside of the water.

"Remember to go even faster during the race."

Taehyung remembers everything Jungkook had told him, kicking even faster until he reaches the surface. Now, onto the first pull.