Apologies

Some awaited moments are finally here-things moved really quick in this chapter bcs I got carried away but I mean who cares am I right?

In the late afternoon of Monday, after his shift, Jungkook finds himself standing in front of Kim Taehyung's house, holding a box of chocolates in his hands as he carefully rings the doorbell.

He's wearing a red, white and black striped sweater, it's kind of fluffy and hot but it's one of Jungkook's nicest articles of clothing. He also wears his nicest black jeans and timberlands on his feet.

He's not too sure what his plan is or how he's feeling right now. Only a week or two ago did Jungkook start to realize he might be feeling something for his swimmer, and now he's doing something very bold and pouring his heart out. Or well, apologizing.

The door opens, startling Jungkook as he straightens up and expects Taehyung to be at the door.

However it's not Taehyung, but rather a pretty lady with long brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Hello? How may I help you." She says sweetly as she looks at the well dressed boy in front of her door.

"I'm here for Taehyung." Jungkook says with a small smile. What Jungkook assumes to be Taehyung's mom suddenly moves from the door to let Jungkook in.

"I've never seen you before?" She says while closing the door behind Jungkook.

"Yeah I'm actually Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung's... uh, swim coach." Jungkook says a little less confidently, suddenly hiding the box of chocolates behind his back.

He's not sure what Miss Kim's reaction would be if she noticed he was holding chocolates out for his swimmer. Not when she doesn't know the story yet.

"Ahh nice to meet you! I'm Taehyung's mother. Taehyung is just upstairs in his room. Second door to the left." Miss Kim says while pointing for Jungkook to go up the stairs. Jungkook thanks her briefly before making his way up the stairs.

Once he's up the stairs and walking down the narrow hallway, it finally starts to hit him.

He thinks about how Taehyung had cried in his room all day because of Jungkook's non-verbal rejection. He thinks about the words he's going to have to muster up to reveal the truth. He even thinks about how nice Taehyung's mom seems even after she should hate Jungkook for hurting her son. If only she'd known.

Jungkook finally reaches Taehyung's door, standing just outside of it with a beating heart and heavy breaths.

With two knocks, Jungkook awaits the younger boy to answer.

"This better be important." Taehyung suddenly yells from his side of the room. Jungkook chuckles a little before carefully opening the door.

When Jungkook walks into Taehyung's room, he sees Taehyung's bed in the left corner of the room. There's light blue blankets piled on the bed and Jungkook assumes the younger boy is somewhere underneath.

"What do you want mo..." Taehyung pushes the blanket from his face and sits up on his bed before looking at the figure in his doorway.

"J..Jungkook?" Taehyung is more than surprised, looking at the lifeguard in shock as Jungkook carefully smiles.

"Hello Taehyung." Jungkook says before inviting himself fully into Taehyung's small room, closing the door behind him.

Next to the boys bed he has a desk with a computer, video games scattered everywhere. Then on the other side he has a small dresser and closet.

"W..what are you doing here?" Taehyung asks after watching Jungkook tour around his room. He's not sure how he feels about Jungkook being in his room right now, especially when he looks like shit.