<< ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴏɴᴇ >>

- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ -

Pain was the only thing that could be felt... Her body felt as though it was being pricked by needles. Slowly opening her eyes, only to close them again; being blinded by light. Finally peeling them ajar, Savannah's mind went blank.

Where am I? The room looked to be some sort of hotel room? Maybe?

Moving the warm blankets off her, she was met with bandaged hands. Who would do this? There was little spots of red, as she knew that their were multiple cuts underneath. Putting pressure on her leg, made Savannah go head first into the hard wood floor. Just then their were hard footsteps from the outside, as the door flung open.

"Please don't hurt me." She exclaimed putting her hands up in defence. Not even looking up, Savannah was scared out of her mind.

The person chuckled, as she moved her head and saw who it was sighing in relief.

"What happened?" She asked looking toward the FBI agent who she thought  would never see again.

"Well... There were these people beating you up so saved you." He explains scratching the back of his neck.

"What about that?" she questions looking at his shiner… That definitely wasn't there before.

"What?" He asked, not knowing what she had meant.

"Your eye." She said, sitting up.

"Oh, that one guy..." He trails off not knowing his name.

"James." I said, filling in Kelty's boyfriend.

"Yeah, him... He punched me, not before I punched him." He explained his fingers brushing against his bruised knuckles.

"Oh," Is all she got out not knowing how to react.

"What happened to me?" she asked rubbing her ankle, not remembering much.

"You hit your head and twisted your ankle." He said, while pulling the cover back over her. "You need rest."

"I can't rest until you tell me where I am, and why you were at my school." she whispered looking away.

"You're in my hotel room, I'm staying here until we catch the murderer." Her heart sank, as it was ripped into a million pieces... "–Because my boss has reason to believe that the murder could come after you—"

"What!" She screeched yanking the covers off her.

"–They asked me to keep an eye on you... To make sure everything is ok." He said, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"So you're like my secret bodyguard?" She asked, liking the sound of it.

"Sort of... Now get some rest." He said, once again pulling the covers over her.

Just as shewas about to close her eyes, he turned around to leave.

"Wait!" she pulled him back. "Will you stay?" she asked, as her cheeks became a light shade of pink.

"Yeah... Of course." He said, sitting in the chair next to the bed, never letting go of her hand... But she didn't mind.

Savannah's eyes fluttered closed as the comfort of having him so close made her feel safe... Protected.

~

"Hey, wake up." Someone said, shaking her awake.

"Mmmmm..." she hummed, turning the other way.

"Come on...Don't you want breakfast?" Someone asked, causing her to get up right away.

"Where's the food?" she asked, getting up right away. Realizing how hungry she really was, her eyes widened as their was a big plate of food in her lap.

★ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅᴀʀɪᴇs ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ★  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें