I'm a Teenage Father (19)

[[19]]

I felt my heart clench at that. The doctors finally calmed down Darcy who could just barely keep her eyes open.

I walked over to her and then I touched her hand and entwined it with mine. I could see the corners of her mouth trying to smile. I laid down and gently rested my head on her slowly rising chest. She still had the same scent. The scent of light vanilla you would love to wake up to. I looked back up at her and I got her whole front wet from my tears.

"Star...don't...cry..." Darcy gasped which each breath.

I wiped my eyes then I looked at Darcy. She was looking so peaceful right now.

"It was...so...beautiful." Darcy whispered, her voice very hard to understand. I knew what she was talking about. She had just...a tiny glimpse of heaven. Then I felt someone tugging at my leg. I looked down and it was Zoey. I felt horrible. I was caring more about Darcy than Zoey. I felt so wrong. I needed to have Zoey too. I picked her up and she sat with her Mom.

"Mommy, are you still wake?" Zoey asked.

Darcy tried to smile again and then nodded.

Zoey laid on her like I did and then wrapped her arms around her. Darcy was now smiling and she gently put her arms around Zoey too.

"I want to spend every minutes I have with you mommy." Zoey said. Darcy smiled again and she gently caressed Zoey's back.

I turned my head to Santana and she was wiping her eyes with a Kleenex. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Are you alright Santana?" I asked. What a stupid question, of she's not alright!!

"Um, I guess now I am since she's not gone yet. It's just a lot to take in, you know?" she said.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't know how Zoey is handling all this!! I haven't seen her shed ONE tear yet. She's going to keep it in, and then she's going to end up tearing up her eyes tonight sometime. I'm just so worried about her." I sighed. I was so worried about Zoey. I was trying to get it out of her earlier but she wouldn't tell me. she always used to tell me everything.

"Maybe...she looks at it another way." Santana suggested. She was biting her lip and then her arms were wrapped around her chest.

"Maybe, but I gotta find out sooner. I can't take it any longer." I sighed. Santana nodded and then she wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back instantly and I felt Santana relax. I relaxed too and I became very sleepy.

"Daddy!! Come here." Zoey said. I let go of Santana quickly and then I saw Zoey and Darcy looking at me. Santana pushed me towards them. I walked over to them and then I saw it.

"Where'd you get that?" I gasped.

"I...wore it...to make...me come back...for you...and Zoey." Darcy struggled to say. I picked up the necklace I gave to her for her thirteenth birthday. It said 'Love -Allstar'

I had it customized. The charm I remembered so much, and I had the other piece. It was under my bed, in a box. I hadn't looked at it in two years. I used to wear it all the time but people knew about my secret behind the necklace. I had wore it to remember, not to do something I was suppose to do. My cousin, Tory, and Darcy's best friend, showed me pot for the first time in my freshman year. It eased me. But I stopped it, at the beginning of Junior year.

Darcy struggled to put the necklace around her. She finally clasped it together. Zoey looked at me and I could tell she was waiting for me to smile. I did as her eyes asked and smiled.