Chapter 8B

Chapter 8 B

When they got out of the water, away from the shore, they fell down on the sand. She was shivering so bad, Nick knew she would catch a bad cold if he didn't do something. He moved closer and hugged her tightly, letting his body heat warm the both of them. "I told you to stay in the car. What were you doing?" he whispered behind her ear, sending tingles running through her all the way to her toes. "I...I was look...Looking for y...you. I thought maybe some...something happened to...to ...you". He just hugged her and said nothing. They lay there, aware of each other for a few minutes.

He breathed in her scent, calm and feminine. She was crazily aware of her breast pressed against his chest. A chest she wanted to run her hands over. His original intention of warming her was turning into something else. The soft body pressed against him was doing things to his mind. God, he smelled so good. Nick pushed himself up and looked down at her. She was nervous; he could see it in her eyes. However, he could see many things in her green eyes.

He needed no other invitation. He bent his head and took what they were both craving. Under the clouds, on the sand, Jade couldn't have stopped if her life depended on it. She moaned into his mouth, driving him to the edge. He kissed her urgently like a starving man. She wrapped her arms around him, burying herself under him. This was what she'd been wanting so badly like a drug addict. His mouth fastened on hers, coaxing her lips open, he traced her bottom lip with his tongue, eliciting a sigh from her. So many sensations were running through her and that familiar feeling was pooling between her legs. Instinctively, she ground against him. He growled, deepening the kiss.

His hand found the hem of her shirt and snuck under, cupping a soft mound and reveling in the feel of her soft flesh in his hand. His mouth left hers and moved lower, burying his face behind her ear. Her shirt had come undone to her midriff. Jade's head fell back on the sand as his right hand gripped the back of her knee, sliding upward in a firmly possessive glide.  Suddenly, an object hit Nick at the back of his head, causing him to look up. Jade gasped at their ragged appearance.

He was wearing only a shirt with half of the buttons undone, apparently he'd lost his jacket to the water. She cringed at the thought of what he must think of her. She looked at Nick, confusion evident in her eyes.

A pair ballerina flats lay by them; it had been flung by the strong waves of the water. It was nature's way of cooling them off from the heat that almost consumed them. Nick sat by her on the sand, his long legs stretched in front of him. He drew her closer to him and enveloped her between his. The night wind whirled around them. Her legs were tucked under her, bare and buried in the sand. Nick didn't even know how to start talking. "I'll get you new shoes to replace those ones," he said into her hair. "There's no need".

"Have you always lived with your aunt?" the silent request broke the silence that had enveloped them.

Why would he want to know about her? He would probably fire her tomorrow, so why disturb herself with crazy thoughts?

"Um...My parents died when I was twelve and I've lived with my aunt since then until I had to go to college in California. Then I worked in a small studio before I came back home. And now I'm working for you, that's about it". He didn't say anything. They sat together in a comfortable silence until it started to rain again. Nick pulled her up and they raced back to the car and got in. He drove to her aunt's home.

"Thank you for driving me" Jade said, about to make a hasty exit. He stopped her with his hand on her shoulder and drew her back to him. He pressed a gentle kiss on her lips before letting her go. Jade was still surprised as she stood at the front door while his car reversed out of the parking lot. The porch light was turned on from inside, snapping her out of her trance. She opened the door and went in.

"Oh Jade. Thank God you're alright!"

Her aunt said from beside her. Jade almost jumped out of her skin.

"What're you doing up this late? I thought you would be asleep" she replied, dropping her bag.

"Bob and Julia are getting ready. They were going to start looking for you" Aunt Jenna replied.

"I'll go tell them that you're back and get you a cup of tea while I'm at it." Macy said from the doorway.

"Thanks Macy" she smiled gratefully.

"Go take off those wet clothes," her aunt said.

"Okay, I'll be right back".

But as soon as she got upstairs, she stripped. As if being controlled by some force, she fell into bed without bothering to shower. She fell asleep with a smile on her face, dreaming of beaches, kisses, and dark-haired men with kissable lips.

Her last thought before she was lost in dreamland was that tomorrow could take care of itself, right?

***********************************************

Thanks for reading!

Please vote and comment!

Thanks!