Chapter 6B

*********************

Nick sighed again. He was extremely irritated. His table looked like the aftermath of an earthquake and he didn't even know how to go about the process of sorting it. He considered calling Jade to do it, but he decided against it. After all, she was the sole cause of his frustration. If she came within a mile radius of him, Nick wasn't sure he wouldn't jump on her. Damn her! Walking around with her tight ass just messed with his head. Maybe he was going to change the dress code around here. She shouldn't be allowed to wear that skirt. It messed with his head.

Oh Forsakes! Another voice in his head chided. What she was wearing was perfectly fine. Heck, she could dress up like a nun and still send his traitorous body into overdrive. Against his better judgment, he picked up the receiver and punched the speed dial for the reception.

"Jade?" he barked.

"Yes sir".

His palm tightened into a fist.

"Come into my office".

"Right away sir".

Jade pushed herself up and headed into Nick's office. She felt nervous and excited. Her body started the familiar tingle that she felt when they were in the same room. Opening the door gently and squeezing in, she shut it and stayed against it, her legs momentarily unable to function with her brain.

"Sit" the order was issued tightly. Right now, Jade thought he looked ready to punch someone or something that got in his way. Heart thumping, she made her way steadily to the chair in front of him and sat with as much grace as she could muster.

"We need to organize this," he snapped, gesturing to the piles of files, papers and thick folders.

"By date or name?" she asked, finding the prospect of work more easier than ogling him, because she knew that if she sat there a moment longer, that was exactly what she would start to do; anyway, it wasn't her fault. If he weren't so handsome, she'd actually be able to concentrate.

"Name" he muttered.

For the next one hour, they were rearranging the whole filing system. Nick's office was in a mess, they were both sitting on the soft plush rug and surrounded; more like buried in clips, binders, papers and all. Jade had taken off her shoes Nick had removed his jacket and tie. His top buttons were undone; reveal traces of black hair that trailed lower invitingly.

Jade was pretty sure, he'd caught her staring at him. He was built like a Greek god, not an ounce of fat on his body. He just made her daydream. She shook her head to clear it and focus on the task at hand. After another excruciating hour filled with countless cups of coffee and hard work, his office was beginning to look less like an asylum. Jade heard clicks from outside metal click that sounded like shoe heels. No, maybe it was just Eddie, the mail room guy wheeling his mail cart; no one would wear shoes that loud, well except maybe to fight in wars.

The door opened suddenly, slapping against the wall and making both their heads snap up. Oh well, someone wear something like that, Jade decided as she looked up to see an angry looking Jessica in the doorway.

"well.... Isn't this cozy?" she said advancing slowly into the room.

Nick stood up, a purely irritated frown on his face.

"What're you doing here Jessica?" he asked.

Jade got up and started to look for her shoes which was somewhere under all the piles.

"What? So now I can't drop in to visit you?" she shot back.

"We agreed to meet for dinner," he stated dryly.

"I know. I just wanted to give you a taste of what to come tonight," she said, winking seductively.

It took all of Jade's will power not to puke. Ha! She found her second foot; all she needed was to get to the door unnoticed. As she stood up straight, Jessica swung her eyes to look at her.

"You. Out" she said pointedly, wrinkling her nose.

Like she needed to be told, Jade sniggered in her mind, making for the door with her shoes in her hand.

"Stay right there!" Nick's voice cut across clearly from where he stood. Jade stopped in her tracks, deciding to obey because the tone of his voice left no room for argument.

"Jessica" he started, turning to face the pretty blonde.

"We're really busy now. This just has to wait until dinner, okay?" he said none too gently.

"What's gotten into you lately?" Jessica yelled

"You've been ignoring my calls, texts. You don't even call me! What the fuck is going on?" she shouted.

Then she turned to Jade.

"Why is she always around? Hmmn?" she spat out in annoyance. "What are you doing with her?"

Nick went around her and held her by the shoulders to calm her down, sending unbelievable tingles of jealousy through Jade.

"It's okay Jess. Let's talk about this at dinner," he said, maneuvering her towards the door. Then outside, before they stepped on the lift.

Jade was alone in the office. So, he was going to be having dinner with a pretty woman, why she just ate popcorn and watched movies. Jade wanted to punch someone so bad in that moment.

*************************************************

Thanks for reading, as always!

Please vote, comment!