Chapter Fifteen: Evan's Warning

It was Monday afternoon and I was fixing my things in the locker. I sighed, thinking I’ll go home alone. Miranda is on a date with Evan again. And Vince had finally got the guts to ask Suzanne out. Well, at least my best friends were having a good time in their love lives.

            “Hey, need a lift?” a voice asked as I closed my locker door. I glanced up and saw Ian, looking extremely hot. His hair was very damp and his grey eyes were looking at me hopefully.

            “How did you know I need a lift?” I asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

            “Well, I know Miranda has a date with Evan and Coach Vince looks pretty excited during the practice so I guess he has a date with someone and I was guessing that someone was Suzanne.”

            I laughed. “Well, you’re right. Suzanne is really his date,” I confirmed. “Are you sure it’s okay if you drop me at my house?”

            “Sure,” Ian said, shrugging as if it was just nothing.

            I shouldered my bag and we walked to the parking lot together, talking about random things. I got in his car on the passenger seat and him on the driver’s seat.

            He started the engine and glanced at me. And for a moment, we just locked eyes. He suddenly leaned closer, making my heart beat faster. Oh my gosh, what is he going to do? Is he going to kiss me again?

            I can’t stop thinking about his kiss ever since the Pride and Prejudice play. There’s just something about that kiss that tells me it wasn’t fake. That kiss was just so real and not just any kiss for a play, but for real.

            Ian continued leaning closer to me and I closed my eyes, bracing myself for his lips to touch mine. Then suddenly there was a click.

            My eyes flew open and I looked down. I realized the seatbelt was already fastening me on the passenger seat. I looked up at him, confused.

            He cleared his throat. “Uh, I did your seatbelt for you.”

            I blushed, looking away. Stupid Victoria! He wasn’t going to kiss you! He just fastened your seatbelt. You should stop thinking that he’ll kiss you again! It’s not going to happen because he still loves Patricia!

            He started driving and I sighed. Before I knew it, we already arrived at my house. I smiled at him gratefully. “Thanks, Ian.”

            “Sure, no problem.”

            I smiled one last time and opened the car door. I swung my legs outside and shut the door close. I walked inside my house, closing the door behind me. I leaned on the door, thinking about Ian. Why the hell do I feel loved and relaxed when I’m with him? For goodness sake, I just met him last three weeks ago. You can’t fall in love with someone you just met three weeks ago. I realized I loved Lance after three months, not three weeks.

            I sighed and started walking up to my room when suddenly; there was a knock on the door. I swung it open and there was Ian, grinning at me.

            “Why are you here?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Aren’t you done with me?”

            “Well, I know Miranda and Evan are hanging out at my house and I don’t want to see them flirting their asses off,” he said, laughing to himself. “And I know Coach Vince and Suzanne are out in their date so you’re alone here. Mind if I join you?”