Chapter 30 - Another guest and a life of peace

Misaki pov:

I cannot believe I took this long to use Pakkun to help me out to find Kairi. Perhaps it was because I was tensed and in this situation, my mind was clouded by my worry of finding her. And it had been quite a long time since I had actually used my ninja abilities so it didn’t hit me that I had Pakkun to help me.

After Pakkun had told me the basic location of where Kairi was being kept, I had been able to sense Sloth in the docks. She had always been motherly towards Wrath, so she was probably the best person to take care of Kairi. Even though they were homunculi and had their own ways of getting what they wanted, I knew they weren’t so heartless that they would kill a child…..well atleast not all of them were heartless.

I narrowed my eyes as I got closer and closer to the docks. When I was just a few meters away, I stopped running and stood near one of the warehouses. I could clearly notice the homunculu’s chakra but the thing that seemed to quirk my interest was Kairi’s chakra. It somehow seemed stronger than before and I could feel the resemblance with a ninja’s chakra flow in the body.

I walked quietly to the warehouse she was in and I stepped inside. It was dark and had a musty smell and I walked closer to Kairi’s chakra. I stopped behind few of the crates that were placed there and I saw Sloth kneelingdown trying to get her to eat some food. “No! Mommy! I want to go home! Let me go!” she yelled and I clenched my jaw in anger.

“You wont see your mommy unless you shut up!” Sloth said and my anger rose. How dare she talk to my daughter that way? I stepped out from behind the crates and in a split second, I threw 3 kunais through her back. “That’s quite enough, Sloth.” I sneered out and she coughed up blood as she turned her head to look at me. she cursed under her breath and I took steps closer to her.

She quickly got up and held Kairi in her hands. Her body turned to water and she covered Kairi’s face with it, effectively cutting off her air supply. I narrowed my eyes and Sloth flinched as my sharingan glowed murderous red in the dark. My body pulsed and I trapped her in my gentjutsu. She lost focus on reality and her  body turned back to normal. Kairi fell from her arms coughing and I ran to her.

I kneeled down and brought her into my arms. “Kairi! Kairi! Are you ok? Kairi! Can you hear me? it mommy! Mommy’s here so you don’t have to worry about anything anymore.” She coughed more and then clutched my shirt and began to wail. I gave a sigh of relief seeing that she was alright and I hugged her close to me. “I’m so sorry Kairi….I’ll never let you out of my sight again.” I said and she whimpered.

I summoned a clone and stood up, bringing Kairi to stand up as well. “I want you to go with mommy’s clone. I’ll be out in just a minute ok?” she looked up at me still rubbing her tear filled eyes and she nodded. She had seen me use the clone technique several times and she knew I was different from other peoples as well. I had made it a point for her to know that since I didn’t want her to get scared if I told her suddenly at some point.

I nodded to my clone and she held Kairi’s hand and led her out. I turned back to Sloth when they were out of the warehouse and I dissolved the genjutsu. She blinked and looked around slightly dazed and I stared at her with a cold menacing glare. She flinched and I saw her visibly sweat.

I smirked and put a hand on my hip. “How long did you think you could keep Kairi away from me without me finding your location?” I asked and she cursed under her breath. She let her arms turn to water and she lashed it at me, holding me in a water cage. I raised a brow and gave an amused look. “Oh? Decided to fight me hmm?” I asked and I didn hand signs with one hand.

She screeched in pain and retracted her arms as lightning flared all around my body. Before she could even look up, I was in front of her and I pierced an arm through her chest. She widened her eyes and coughed up blood and it stained the front of my clothes. Then again…..I wouldn’t even call it blood. They were homunculi and homunculi don’t bleed.