Chapter 24 - Old friends

Misaki pov:

I woke up curled up against warmth and 2 arms wrapped possessively around me. I blinked my eyes open and looked at Jean’s face right in front of mine. I smiled and blushed slightly since he was watching me with a gentle look in his eyes. I blushed more realizing our position and the memories of last night. Jean only chuckled softly and kissed my head as I snuggled into the crook of his neck more.

“How do you feel?” He asked and I sighed earning a shiver from him. “Fine…just a little tried though.”

We stayed like this for a few minutes and then Jean got up and wrapped a sheet around his waist. “I’ll take a shower and then you can take one too.” I smiled and nodded from my sleeping position. He walked into the shower taking a towel and a pair of clothes and I sat up and stretched. I wrapped another sheet around me and got off the bed.

My legs were a little wobbly and I felt a slight pain in my body but I closed my eyes and used my healing ability to get rid of the pain. When it went away, I walked to the cupboard and got a pair of clothes for myself and waited until Jean got out of the shower. He smiled and I walked past him into the shower.

Just before I could step in, I was pulled back by Jean and he gave me a chaste kiss. He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. “I love you Mia.” I smiled and kissed his nose. “I love you too Jean.” He let me go and walked I walked into the shower and closed the door behind me.

I took off the sheet and stepped into the shower. I let the water caress my body and I felt my muscles release from knots. I closed my eyes and just stood there for a few minutes until my whole body felt relaxed. I smiled as I thought about last night. Jean had told me that I was the only one he could ever love and he considered Clara as nothing more than a younger sister.

I was so worried, but after his reassurance, I felt like everything could go back to normal. Besides, even mother had understood that my love for him was true. I had nothing to worry about now.

>>Timeskip

We had finished breakfast and mother had apologized again for how she had acted before our wedding. But we were a happy family now and we decided we should go around the town and then to the park for a picnic. I had helped mother pack our lunches and then we had headed off for the tour.

We met a lot of people on the way and those who hadn’t been able to attend the wedding yesterday congratulated us. Jean and I blushed at the attention that we had been receiving and we also received chuckles and teasing from people. But all the same, I think things from now would turn out wonderful.

We laughed and talked and sat on the grass eating sandwiches. It was a perfect place and time for a picnic and I was enjoying being with a family after my 9 years of being alone. Mom, dad and grandpa were the best family I could ask for and so was Jean. It was definitely the right decision to follow Tsunade sama’s orders and stay in this world.

“And I just couldn’t help it! I had to be the one to get scolded because of the colonel’s mistake!” Jean pouted and we all laughed as he narrated one of the incidents that happened when the colonel slacked off on paperwork….as he always does. I ruffled his hair still giggling. “Aww….dont worry! I’ll give the colonel a piece of my mind when we get back.” I teased and we all chuckled again.

“Well well well! Look who’s home!” I blinked and we all turned around. Clara stood there with 2 guys. We all stood up and I smiled. Jean scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. “Hey there Tom, Kristen.” I blinked, looking at Jean and then back to the 2 guys. “Are these your friends?” I asked and Jean nodded. “Yeah….we were friends when we were kids….I guess.”