Chapter 15 - Hello Kankuro!

Mia/Misaki pov:

“Miss Mia! Over here!” I chuckled and jogged up to the boys. “I’m right there!”

I had been here 10 days and I had sorta gotten used to the way things happened here. I was constantly guarded….or rather watched by Kaika and Dan and Scar had left a few days ago. I started to try and interact with the people here. Most of them ignored me, but the men seemed to feel that I could be put to use. So I was kinda like a laborer.

I had to take care of cleaning the kitchen everyday, washing dishes, washing clothes and helping rebuild buildings that were damaged but could still be put to use. So right now I was carrying bricks from one part of the city to another.

I dropped several bricks on the ground and wiped the sweat on my brow. It was quite a hot day and I sighed. I was getting bored of this…..and even though Scar said he would help me find Itachi, I hadn’t progressed one bit. I felt like I was just wasting time right now.

I looked around me. People were laughing and talking happily to each other. I frowned. The longer I stayed here, the longer it would take to find the akatsuki. And they could go around hurting innocent people. How am I gonna get out of here.

I looked up and blinked. Wait a frikkin minute! Why was I worried about that?! I decided not to hold back my powers so what in heaven’s name am I doing worrying about listening to Scar? I mean, it was nice of him to be worried about me….but seriously! Why was I still here moping like an idiot?

I twitched and mentally slapped myself at my stupidity. “Miss Mia?” I turned to see Dan standing behind me. This was the first time I had heard him speak actually. He barely showed emotions and his only response to people was nodding his head. So I had assumed he was mute.

“Dan? Um….what can I do for you?” I gave a smile and he just stared at me for a minute. “I need to talk to you alone.” I blinked and just nodded. I followed him and we walked just outside the city. We could see the whole desert and I took a deep breath and let it out through my mouth. I turned to Dan who was still watching me and smiled. “So what did you want to talk about?”

He looked away uncomfortably and I tilted my head in curiosity. “Do you….do you like it here?” I furrowed my brows but shrugged. “Yeah, I guess. It’s a peaceful city and everyone is happy here. It’s a pleasant place.” “Then….would you continue to stay here?” I looked at the desert and bit the inside of my cheek.

“Probably not.” I said softly. “I should leave from here and get back to finding Darren.” “I wish you would stay here. With….me.” my eyed went slightly wide and I looked at him. My heart was beating slightly fast and he was just staring at the desert. I had observed him the first time I had seen him. He had a scar on his face that ran all the way down his neck and to his arm. And his arm was automail. I knew that Ishval had been in a rough situation but seeing people with scars that reminded them of the past made me feel….sad.

And now….he was indirectly saying that he had feelings for me, right? I mean, no one would ask someone to stay with them….especially the way Dan had just spoken. It obviously held very strong feelings behind it. I swallowed as he turned his head to look at me. His red eyes swirled with emotion and I felt slightly overwhelmed by it. I sighed and looked away.

“I’m afraid I cant return your feelings Dan. There’s someone I love already…..and I cannot give up my mission. Not now.” I didn’t want the conversation to go on and end up with me feeling guilty and deciding to stay here out of pity for someone. I turned around and narrowed my eyes. “I appreciate your concern, your care and your feelings, but I will be leaving this city now. Give my regards to Scar and Kaika.”