Chapter 14 - Nightmare

Mia/Misaki pov:

I cant believe I’m following Scar. I should probably just fight back, but a voice in the back of my head told me not to create a scene. He had a tight grip on my wrist and if I twisted my arm even a little, his grip tightened. I sighed and shook my head.

“Um, Scar? You’re kinda hurting my wrist.” I said blankly and he loosened his hold, though he didn’t say anything.

After a few minutes, I realized we were heading to the train station. I guess he was taking me away somewhere but why would he want to kidnap me instead of killing me for being a state alchemist? I looked at him thought I could see only his back as I was dragged to the station.

When we arrived there, he walked to the ticket booth and pulled out some money. “2 tickets to Lior.” There was a stern looking middle aged man standing behind the counter and he saw me and frowned. “What relation does the girl have to you, sir?” He seemed suspicious of the way Scar was holding my arm. “She’s my wife.” I nearly choked on the air but I just coughed and looked away trying to act shy.

The guy seemed to buy it and gave us the tickets. I was again dragged away and we got into a train. We got into one of the last bogies and he pushed me down on one of the seats. I was sitting next to the window and he sat next to me beside the aisle space. People were still boarding the train and there was about 15 minutes till the train departed.

I squirmed in my seat as I held the book on my knees and I bit the inside of my cheek. “Hey, Scar? What exactly are you planning?” I looked at him suspiciously but he had his eyes closed and his arms crossed across his chest. I pouted when he didn’t reply and I sighed. I leaned back on the seat and looked out the window. There were many people bustling about catching trains to different destinations.

“I heard you that day.” I turned to Scar. He still hadn’t opened his eyes, but he spoke again. “When you saw that man. You joined the military to hunt down the man who killed your people….we are similar in that respect. We wish to get our revenge for our people who were killed mercilessly.” I looked down at my hands. Revenge huh? Isn’t that what I had mentioned when I spoke to the homunculi earlier today?

“I don’t really know whether you can call it revenge….I’m actually pretty confused.” I gave a soft laugh. “I’m willing to listen if you wish to talk about it.” He said and I thought for a minute but then shook my head. “I think I’d rather not.” He didn’t say anything after that and the bogie we were in started to fill up as well.

We were sitting in the 4 seater group seating and a lady and a 5 year old boy sat down in front of us. The lady saw us and I gave a smile as the kid looked at me. I waved my hand and held it out for a shake hand. The kid blushed and snuggled into his mom’s side and I giggled. So cute!

I could feel Scar’s gaze on me and the lady started a conversation with us. “Hello dear. Are you headed to Lior too?” I nodded and smiled. “Yeah.” She giggled. “You’re such a cute looking couple.” I nearly choked on the air for the second time but I just sweatdropped and mumbled a thank you. The lady went back to checking something in her bag and talking to her kid and I sighed leaning back into the seat again.

“Jeez….why couldn’t you have said something like brother and sister instead of husband and wife? This is embarrassing….” I whispered to Scar. “Because we do not have any resemblance.” I shook my head. I suppose he had a point. But still! This was so awkward!

I chuckled to myself at my situation and the train began to move. I looked out the window and watched the station pass and the beautiful meadows came into view.

Scar pov:

What a strange girl. She had joined the military to look for Darren. I had met him once….he was quite unemotional and cold and I could see the emptiness in his eyes. They were like none I had seen before. Then its quite possible that he had killed in a cold war. Perhaps he was like all those state alchemists who had killed my people.